IAR oil or grease???!?!?!?

Started by Bigmike1984, January 27, 2014, 07:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killerbug

Grease in IAR bearings will cause them to slip, especially under cold conditions.

TIP: the baseplate used for the Ambassaduer TGC models, will have the AR post already mounted.

Part: 25687 for the lefty
Part: 25897 for the righty
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

day0ne

Quote from: Keta on January 28, 2014, 03:10:34 PM
Before Ken made the post in the link above I would use older C3 plates and do the same thing but used plates were hard to find and new ones $$.

Same here
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

alantani

i like corrosion x for IAR bearings.  i've always been afraid that TSI 301/321 would be too slippery. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Magilla

I tried TSI321 on the IAR bearing of a spinning reel I recently serviced and it did indeed slip. I had to flush it with a solvent to get it to work and then just added a drop of machine oil to prevent corrosion. It works fine now.
The best things in life are not things.

Ken_D

Quote from: Killerbug on February 08, 2014, 04:50:28 AM
Grease in IAR bearings will cause them to slip, especially under cold conditions.

TIP: the baseplate used for the Ambassaduer TGC models, will have the AR post already mounted.

Part: 25687 for the lefty
Part: 25897 for the righty

I suspect these are the best price available.. Abu's brake pates are scattered over the price map, and these run about 19.00 USD plus the usual adds of stamps, tax, yada.

alantani

you can get the IAR bearing alone from bocabearings.com.  i do not think that dawn carries them. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!