HUGE WAVES - Porthcawl Pier, South Wales - Feb 8th 2014

Started by Fish-aholic, February 12, 2014, 09:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fish-aholic

Just whipped this together shot last weekend. Enjoy the plumes!  ;D

Newell Nut

That was very well done. I enjoyed watching and could not help but think of a wood burning stove and a cup of coffee. Looked a little on the chilly side.

DaBigOno

Pretty awesome!   What a difference the wind can make.

Thanks for sharing
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

johndtuttle

LTM

Interesting,

When I was a young man I was a land surveyor and enjoyed water projects. This video makes me think of the challenges that had to be over come to build the sea wall and the marina behind it.

Thanx,

Leo

Dominick

Excellent job on editing.  It looked like Carl Orff wrote the O Fortuna movement while watching those waves.  Thank you for sharing that video.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MFB

A lot of people under estimate the power of water 1 cubic metre = 1 ton....

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

floating doc

I liked the choice of music, also. I've been in multiple performances of Carmina Burana. Seeing big waves expending their energy and listening to a song about the Circle of Life seems especially appropriate.
Central Florida

redsetta

Quote...could not help but think of a wood-burning stove and a cup of coffee.
Well put - x2!
Thanks for the edit.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

franky

Gosh, when I first looked at the video in the very beginning, I thought that white image on the pier was a guy or a person either fishing or standing on the pier and got the surprise splash of their life!  :o

Then as I continued to watch, I thought geeeeezzz, that fellow has some mean Kung Fu or Tai Chi  balance to stand there and handle those waves.  Either that or wow, that guy is more Hard Core than anyone of us on this forum to stand there and contiue to fish!  :-\  Either way, he's got some awesome balance.  lol

Fish-aholic

I'm glad you all enjoyed the video and many thanks for the contributing posts!

This is what I love about this forum, you learn something new everyday, even in a post such as this. Great forum, entertained by great people!

whalebreath

Great shots-Thanks for posting!

The inshore fish populations must be taking a beating unless they dropped down into the deeps early on.

Mandelstam

Quote from: MFB on February 13, 2014, 05:27:48 AM
A lot of people under estimate the power of water 1 cubic metre = 1 ton....

Rgds

Mark

Yea, water is an impressive force. 4 inches of water with enough speed can sweep the feet from right under you. And a little trickle of water can, when freezing, shatter rock.

Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea