Hello from Scotland

Started by jay2578, February 17, 2014, 09:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay2578

Quote from: Tightlines666 on February 28, 2014, 05:18:54 AM
Welcome.  Do you manage estates fish and game as well?

Not yet, currently our shooting and fishing is tenanted out, but that's all changing this year and we will be taking it back in-house.

Quote from: MFB on February 28, 2014, 05:10:57 AM
G'day Jay,

I'm too much of a gentleman to mention anything about your national rugby team.

Rgds

Mark

Mark my national rugby team is England, so mention away ;)
Abu 6500 CS rocket x2
Abu 7001i
Abu 6500 C3

Irish Jigger

I'll steer well clear of the rugby jay >:(
Just curious to know the cost of a brace of grouse with you. Walked up and driven.

conchydong

Welcome. I have spent some time in Scotland also (first wife was Scottish). Even made the ferry trip out to the Hebrides. Beautiful place from coast to coast.

jay2578

Quote from: Irish Jigger on February 28, 2014, 09:31:22 AM
I'll steer well clear of the rugby jay >:(
Just curious to know the cost of a brace of grouse with you. Walked up and driven.

We won't be doing grouse buddy, our main estate in banffshire do the grouse. We'll be putting pheasant and hopefully partridge down, we also have very good numbers of woodcock each year.
We'll be starting off with a syndicate, with maybe paid days at a later point.
Abu 6500 CS rocket x2
Abu 7001i
Abu 6500 C3

Tightlines667

A few years back me and my dad took Sir Lloyd, from Lloyd's of London, wing shooting in North Dakota.  He enjoyed it so much, he replayed the favor by inviting my dad to a traditional driven pheasant hunt at his estate.  My dad enjoyed it immensely.  This talk has reminded me of this fine fellow.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

jay2578

I'm more forestry side of the estate, but will be helping the gamekeeper when required. I've been on plenty of shoot days as a beater on the estate I used to live on, loved it.
I do get to control the rabbits using my ferrets during work hours (so I get paid for doing something I do as a hobby ;D ) and expect I'll get plenty of free game for the pot.
Abu 6500 CS rocket x2
Abu 7001i
Abu 6500 C3

Irish Jigger

Great  job you have there jay. Love the woodcock shooting,had a good "fall" here last year.
The grouse have declined here ever since the vermin shooting ended years ago.
Thanks for the info.