new member from Castro Valley, CA

Started by Wayne Feagley, February 19, 2014, 06:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Feagley

Hi All,
I'm a long time bay area native from a fishing family. I grew fishing Sturgeon, stripers, Salmon, Halibut in SF area. I also fished rockfish and lingcod in Capitola with my grandfather as a kid.  Fantastic memories. My grandfather could find a reef in pea soup fog with a $2 compass.

I currrently in full prep mode for my first long range trip on the Excel; 16 day Accurate trip April 1. I recently got a great deal on a Penn 30SW that was never used. I've got my drag grease and TS lube on order. Working on the Yamaha grea and gun. Looking forward to sleeving it and getting some freel spool out of it. I also purchased a Fin-Nor 20II and a Santiago 12 that I'll be going through. I plan to use these for Wahoo jig/bombs and bait.

I'm already OCD rebuilding motors for cars, making my own bombs and wind ons. After reading posts about line winders here I tore apart an old treadmill this weekend. Great parts to start a winder. Already chopped the frame and am mounting the motor. My wife asked what I was working on now. When I told her she just shook her head and walked away. I think I'll fit right in with this crowd.

God Bless you All
Wayne
"Fisher of Men"
And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

johndtuttle

Well, if you need some "help" for that "problem" of yours you've come to the right place.  ;D

Not sure however, if we'll make it get better or worse  :D................................  ;)

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bryan Young

Welcome Wayne from just south of you.  You do have a problem...and we all share that problem  ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Welcome Wayne!
you are in the right place! ;D
What kind of Bombs are you making? :o
Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

hopefully wahoo bombs!!!!  wayne, welcome!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wayne Feagley

Thank you all for the welcome.  Yes, I was referring to Wahoo bombs.  That's what I get from trying to type a long message on a Blackberry while rocking and rolling on BART.  Time for a phone upgrade.
And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Dominick

Quote from: wfeagley on February 19, 2014, 06:51:17 PM
My wife asked what I was working on now. When I told her she just shook her head and walked away. I think I'll fit right in with this crowd.
God Bless you All
Wayne
"Fisher of Men"

Wayne:  My wife does the same thing.  The only problem is she keeps coming back.   :D  Welcome.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

What is a wahoo bomb? I've heard tightlines say something about it.
Do you yell Wahooo! before it blows up. ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Irish Jigger