Disassembly help!

Started by publius, February 24, 2014, 07:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

publius

Trying to disassemble the drag stack on what I think is a 6500 but have run into a problem I've never had before. Can't figure out how to get the chrome collar off the shaft above the drag stack. Can't figure pics either.

Bryan Young

First, take off the c-clip at the top of the gear sleeve is you haven't done so already.

Then I slide the gear sleeve the the gear off the bridge plate.  Then hold the gear in one hand while I tap of the gear sleeve with a wooden or rubber hammer of sorts (usually the back of my wooden screw driver).
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

publius

Got it. This thing was so filthy with old dirty grease it wouldn't slide off, even with force. I sprayed it down with my favorite gun cleaner, carb cleaner, and it slid off. I knew something was weird, I've never had problems taking down the stack at all, started to second guess myself. My reels don't get that nasty though.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D