Mikes Reel Repairs

Started by MFB, February 28, 2014, 08:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: BMITCH on March 01, 2014, 10:37:15 AM
This is why we ALL need to only have Penn's ;) ;D ;D ;D
Don't start anything Bob, I'm not in the mood ;D
Come on down for coffee tomorrow and bring that snow blower with you....12" expected ::)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Yeah, like 12 to 18 here. How bout coffee and you throw in some of that home made sausage? Deal?
luck is the residue of design.

MFB

Quote from: BMITCH on March 01, 2014, 10:37:15 AM
This is why we ALL need to only have Penn's ;) ;D ;D ;D
[Love my Shimano TLD30A]
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

erikpowell

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 28, 2014, 11:10:34 PM
You want me to give Lucca a buzz and see if he will go over and teach them some communicating lessons? ;)

That was a good morning laugh ! 

Sal, the tropical depression that just moved through fiji dumped a reported 412mm of rain on us in 48hrs.. over 16"
.. i had to put a leash on my kayak  :D   I used to love shoveling snow.

Shark Hunter

If it were just snow, I would love it too. Its the ice on top that makes it a PIA! >:(
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Whoa, yeah I just heard from my brother that you guys are bracing for another winter storm...an icy one.
break out the studs!
ummm ok, as much as I miss ice & snow driving... I'd much rather have just the rain  :o

Keta

Shoveling rain does not bother me either.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

philaroman

Quote from: seaeagle2 on March 01, 2014, 12:54:56 AM
First off, let me state this is NOT directed and individual Canadians, (I probably have more Canadian relatives than you do).  As someone who has had a Canada Post mailbox, and owns rental property in Canada that involves both receiving and sending mail, I can honestly say Canada Post is third world average as far as delivery goes... factor in customs coming into and leaving the county, I can only image how Mike ever gets his inventory in, let alone is able to ship it back out.  I guess my point is even under the best of circumstances, ordering something from Canada that's not manufactured in Canada is at the end of a tenuous supply chain.

I beg to differ, VEHEMENTLY!  In my experience, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Canada Post -- their small packages are economical & prompt to the US border!!!  How long a package sits at US Customs before it's transferred to USPS, is a different story -- could be days, could be MONTHS!  Now, this was true for numerous shipments of semi-precious stones -- NOT METAL.  If you consider post-9/11 paranoia about a box of small metal parts, settle in for a LOOOOOONG wait.

Never bought anything from Mike's & NEVER WILL, on sheer principle -- they're THIEVES!  I wanted some parts for original Sustain 4000F -- Mike's price: almost $400US for a spool; about $60US for a spool-support bearing+washers...  on eBay, a complete near-mint reel occasionally pops up for <$150 -- bye-bye Mike

erikpowell

Quote from: Keta on March 02, 2014, 02:51:12 AM
Shoveling rain does not bother me either.

lmao... funny Lee.. thanks for the lunchtime laugh!

Keta

Quote from: philaroman on March 02, 2014, 11:42:25 PMI beg to differ, VEHEMENTLY!  In my experience, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Canada Post -- their small packages are economical & prompt to the US border!!!  How long a package sits at US Customs before it's transferred to USPS, is a different story -- could be days, could be MONTHS!  Now, this was true for numerous shipments of semi-precious stones -- NOT METAL.  If you consider post-9/11 paranoia about a box of small metal parts, settle in for a LOOOOOONG wait.

It works both ways.  I can mail things to my daughters PO Box in a town just south of the border and 90 miles south of her home and it gets there in 3-5 days, if I mail it to her house it takes 2 to 3 weeks.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MFB

Got a reply saying my parts had arrived, but have asked for a refund so I will see what happens.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Shark Hunter

75 days. Guess I won't be ordering from Mikes.
Life is Good!

CiCiColes

Hey all!

I see I have already been referenced here so I will not give my speech again. We are here though and aren't out to scam
anyone.

Mark, can I offer you free shipping on your order? If not, I will make sure it is fully refunded immediately. I do apologize that it
took so long to fill it. We definitely did not expect the stock order to take as long as it did. That of course does not excuse me
from not following up with you as I should have. I had been awaiting a follow up to find out what was going on. I should have
touched base with you though to keep you in the loop. My sincerest of apologies!

Also, in regards to some overpriced Shimano parts. If you ever find something that seems outrageously priced - definitely contact us!
We update our price lists using the lists provided by Shimano every year. Unfortunately, there are some parts that don't get properly
updated. I have come across parts that were listed for $300 but really should be $20. We try to fix these as fast as possible but there
are some that slip through the cracks. So don't hesitate to point this out!

If anyone else has some questions or issues, please let me know. I am always happy to help out! Due to the amount of stock inquiries
we receive I always like to suggest customers use ATTN CIERRA in the subject line of their email when contacting me directly via
mikesreelrep@gmail.com. I search for it daily to make sure I can help right away.

Cierra

Capt Ahab

Glad to read the nice response

Hope this works out for all involved!

Dominick

Quote from: philaroman on March 02, 2014, 11:42:25 PM

Never bought anything from Mike's & NEVER WILL, on sheer principle -- they're THIEVES! 
Philaroman: don't you think that a little harsh?  They are merely pricing their product.  If you think it is too high try finding it cheaper elsewhere.  With a thief you don't see it coming.  I am not sticking up for Mike's except that the harsh comment was uncalled for.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.