Lugs on baja special

Started by skipjackrobert, March 01, 2014, 07:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipjackrobert

Can the lugs on a baja special be lowered?  If so, what is the process?

Thanks

Sjr

BMITCH

Sir, I don't have a Baja but I think all ya gotta do is take out the screw that goes through it, pull it out, flip it around and then replace the screw.
luck is the residue of design.

SoCalAngler

Yes you can flip them by removing the side plates. Maybe it is just the screws on the lugs I don't remember but it is easy to do.

If you check Penn's site it lists it as a feature.

http://www.pennreels.com/products/reels/conventional-reels/star-drag-reels/baja-special

skipjackrobert

Thank you gentlemen!  I will try it tonight and watch me screw it up!  Lol.  Sjr

maxpowers

If the gearbox hasn't rotated forward, you should do that also.  the eccentric lever will be easier to use.  I was thinking of leaving the lug on the right side  in the original position so that I can use a snap lock when fishing a plunker.  save on the hands fatigue.  I would flipped the left down so that you can palm the reel without the lug in the way..

BMITCH

maxpowers

Quote from: BMITCH on March 02, 2014, 12:28:37 PM
Ok, what's a plunker? ???

It is mostly a West Coast Southern California fishing term mostly for fishing tuna.  It referred to long soaking ( up to 100+ yards of line) of a live bait with either a sinker or flylining (flatlining). Often the fish are metered but are staying away from the boat even with live bait chumming.

BMITCH

Oooooh....dead sticking. I got it. Thanx
Bob