daiwa sealine LD50h??

Started by Surfwrangler, March 01, 2017, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfwrangler

Looks about the size of a tld 15.  Anyone have any experience with them????, not really in the market but saw one pop up locally the other day and was curious about it.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Surfwrangler on March 01, 2017, 05:19:58 PM
Looks about the size of a tld 15.  Anyone have any experience with them????, not really in the market but saw one pop up locally the other day and was curious about it.
its a nice little reel. Alan has a new one that I shaved the cork material and glued a carbontex washer and it's better than new.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ijlal

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 01, 2017, 11:59:58 PM
Quote from: Surfwrangler on March 01, 2017, 05:19:58 PM
its a nice little reel. Alan has a new one that I shaved the cork material and glued a carbontex washer and it's better than new.

Hi Bryan,

What thickness of carbontex did you use to make the washer? I fish with this reel regularly and love it save for the particle board drag...

Thanks,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

alantani

i think bryan used a carbontex drag washer for the shimano tld 15 - 20mm inside diameter, 55mm outside diameter, 1.1mm thickness
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

I sanded the drag washer by 1 mm then glued on an 1 mm carbontex washer then formed to to confirm the the original washer.

If I had the reel I would show you. Maybe Warren has it or Jerry Downie has it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Hamachi

I still have it Bryan. I've been trying to get in touch with Jerry, no luck. Thinking of sending it back to you guys.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

ijlal

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 23, 2017, 05:18:53 AM
I sanded the drag washer by 1 mm then glued on an 1 mm carbontex washer then formed to to confirm the the original washer.

Thank you Bryan.

Let's say I have a 1 mm thick carbontex sheet, would it be okay to cut a washer and glue it on the existing stock washer after sanding it down by 1 mm, or should I remove the particle board washer and glue the carbontex one to the bakelite plate....
I live 'fishing'!

Bryan Young

I just sanded that particle board down by 1 mm then glued the washer to it.  It should be fine.  I just received the Jerry's reel back from Warren and will post a picture of it this weekend.

swill88

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 30, 2017, 03:58:34 PM
I just sanded that particle board down by 1 mm then glued the washer to it.  It should be fine.  I just received the Jerry's reel back from Warren and will post a picture of it this weekend.

Can you show how to sand off 1mm evenly? please?

b houlihan

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 23, 2017, 05:18:53 AMI sanded the drag washer by 1 mm then glued on an 1 mm carbontex washer then formed to to confirm the the original washer.

Bryan Young

Quote from: swill88 on August 30, 2017, 07:12:17 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on August 30, 2017, 03:58:34 PMI just sanded that particle board down by 1 mm then glued the washer to it.  It should be fine.  I just received the Jerry's reel back from Warren and will post a picture of it this weekend.

Can you show how to sand off 1mm evenly? please?

I took a piece of glass, taped 1000 grit sand paper and sanded away trying to keep even pressure on the drag plate.  I probably could have done it faster is I used a courser grit sandpaper, but it was pretty smooth and made a good, clean surface to glue the carbonate washer flat.

funhog

What "glue" did you use"? Is there a need for a high heat epoxy? Are they readily available  at the Big Vox stores or maybe an automotive parts supply?
This sounds simple enough, but I want mess it up with a questionable product.

Bryan Young

Quote from: funhog on September 22, 2022, 03:23:20 PMWhat "glue" did you use"? Is there a need for a high heat epoxy? Are they readily available  at the Big Vox stores or maybe an automotive parts supply?
This sounds simple enough, but I want mess it up with a questionable product.

I used 48 hour cure epoxy. That should be sufficient for this little reel.

Bryan Young

I have the reel back from Jerry. I purchased it from him since he is now out of the reel repair business.

kevin cozens

i find this really interesting. i got a ld50 that has a jerky drag. think i might have a go at this myself