TACKLE TALK LIVE: Steve Carson and Captain Art Taylor of the Searcher

Started by Tunanorth, February 13, 2021, 06:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunanorth

Captain Art Taylor of the Searcher and I did this "Tackle Talk Live" session in late January, with the theme: "The 5 combos you don't leave the dock without!"
Warning! We talk for almost 90 minutes, but do cover a lot of useful info for San Diego-bound anglers.

alantani

it's a little too late right now.  i'll pick this up in the morning.  looking forward to it!!!!!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Up at 04:00 this morning —

Started to watch this — 90 minutes — great information!

Will pour another cup of coffee and toss another log on the fire & get back to it.

Thanks, Steve!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Rivverrat

Steve, out of all the people that represent & are continually in the public eye YOU ARE THE BENCHMARK ! Of a level that others can only wish to achieve. What you have done for the industry is unmatched by any one.

Simply because of the shear numbers you have reached & the credibility you bring.

I have learned much from you. I've watched / read in amazement as you have cordially dealt with the difficult & indifferent.

Being a hillbilly from Kansas & most all my only boat rides in the salt being to clear the way for or bring the wrath of hell... Dont know that this means much... It is however my honest thoughts after watching & reading you for

many years ... You have been a great pleasure... Jeff

alantani

finally had a chance to watch it.  great video.  my favorite steve carson quote from now on will be about the backpack rig.  "you cut a pool noodle in half so that it's like, um, half a pool noodle!!!"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tunanorth

Quote from: alantani on February 16, 2021, 06:14:16 PM
finally had a chance to watch it.  great video.  my favorite steve carson quote from now on will be about the backpack rig.  "you cut a pool noodle in half so that it's like, um, half a pool noodle!!!"

I think that described it perfectly!

Tunanorth

Quote from: Rivverrat on February 16, 2021, 04:46:48 PM

Steve, out of all the people that represent & are continually in the public eye YOU ARE THE BENCHMARK ! Of a level that others can only wish to achieve. What you have done for the industry is unmatched by any one.

Simply because of the shear numbers you have reached & the credibility you bring.

I have learned much from you. I've watched / read in amazement as you have cordially dealt with the difficult & indifferent.

Being a hillbilly from Kansas & most all my only boat rides in the salt being to clear the way for or bring the wrath of hell... Dont know that this means much... It is however my honest thoughts after watching & reading you for

many years ... You have been a great pleasure... Jeff

Glad to have helped you, and thank you for your service.
You may be interested to know that my parents were from Wichita and Emporia, and met at KU in the late 1940's!

David Hall