How many wrenches is this worth???

Started by broadway, April 07, 2011, 04:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey Crew,
Check this out... I never saw this before.  I'm sure some of you have, but why didn't anyone post it.  ???  I just went through my calcutta 400te with no issues.  The best parts about the website are you can blow it up and the resolution is great, tells you what and what not to do, and if you screw up you can see how the reel looked before you messed with it.  It's a must if you haven't ever checked it out, though not as fun or thorough as some of you guys it makes it possible.  How many wrenches for all those tutorials, Alan??? ;D ;D ;D

Here's the link: http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/customer_service0/reel_maintenance_instructions.html
Hope this helps,
Dom

alantani

well, ALOT, but i don't think shimano will have any interest in a penn wrench.....     ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on April 07, 2011, 04:19:13 AM
Hey Crew,
Check this out... I never saw this before.  I'm sure some of you have, but why didn't anyone post it.  ???  I just went through my calcutta 400te with no issues.  The best parts about the website are you can blow it up and the resolution is great, tells you what and what not to do, and if you screw up you can see how the reel looked before you messed with it.  It's a must if you haven't ever checked it out, though not as fun or thorough as some of you guys it makes it possible.  How many wrenches for all those tutorials, Alan??? ;D ;D ;D

Here's the link: http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/customer_service0/reel_maintenance_instructions.html
Hope this helps,
Dom

Good try Dom, guess you have to do it on your own. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the link. ;), nice!

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

No need for free wrenches... you've given me the ability to take care of my own gear...Priceless!
Just hope it helps someone from pulling there hair out!
Dom

Rancanfish

Hey Dom,  I know this is an old posting, but I have a 400TE that's never been taken apart while I've owned it.

The previous owner was an Alan Tani friend so it may not even need service, but I don't even want to look without some ammunition.

Can you point me in the direction of what you were looking at back then?

Linky no worky now.  Thanks, Ran
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

AlasKen

I am not Dom but I went here and think it may have been the some info. Hope it helps.  If I am wrong I hope someone points me in the right direction.  Ken

http://fish.shimano.com/content/sac-fish/en/home/customer-service/reel-maintenance-instructions.html

broadway

Ran,
   When I first got the reel I opened it up to change the drags and great innards, but wasn't willing to take it apart with all of those small parts with these big sausage fingers of mine.  I sent it to Keith at OCD reel repair. He has her singing the sweet song of a fine tuned piano.
Shimano's site has a good schematic and how to break down a round bait caster such as the 400te.
I love my 400te!
Good luck bro,
Dom

ez2cdave

Here are the 13 original files from the original poster's link . . . Attached below ( This will take multiple posts

ez2cdave

ez2cdave

3rd group . . .

ez2cdave

Last file . . . "Lucky 13" ! ! !

ez2cdave

I just "strolled" through here by accident . . . I'm glad to see that many people have downloaded these files !

Tight Lines !

ez2cdave

Taking another "Stroll" . . .

Tight Lines !

Dave F.