Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Very cool! Especially the way they did the spool assembly. Great pictures.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Crow

Rare bird, for sure....glad it's roosting with you !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Penn Chronology

QuoteDid you say volume 2?? Cool
Tell us more please.
Thanks bud
Dom

I am waiting for the Forward from a key man. Then I have to submit to the publisher and then I wait for that process. Hopefully I live long enough to see it published. It is done and on CD. I will be bothering Whitefish very soon.

Thanks for your interest Dom.

broadway

I look forward to it, Mike!
Take care of yourself, we need ya
Best,
Dom

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Gfish

Update.
Tired of not finding a good size bookshelf at the 2nd-hand store, I broke down and bought a new one from Costco. I think one could shop exclusively at Costco if they had no hobbies they were real intense about, and live kind of a lush life. Here, they do sell sports equipment, even rod/reel rigs once and awhile and some ok paddle boards and kayaks. Some pretty good "middle of the road quality" products.

This, too fancy for me, book case weighs a lot and seems to be made of hardwood—? Not particle-board? It says: "Rubberwood solids" and down below; "Birch veneers". So, prolly some version of particle-board?
Sturdy construction too, albeit relatively soft metal nuts n' bolts.

So, now I got room for a couple more. On rods, waiting to fish, I have 14 others. Maybe get a rod-rack?, naw, I have 4 nice rods and two definite display quality pieces; An Alex Custom Baja 49'er baitcaster and an old Montague Hexagonal trolling rod. The rest are beat-em-up cheapies.

Empty boxes now fill the old book case
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Looks good, Greg —

All quality reels too!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gfish

Thanks!
Can someone turn the top picture?

BTW, The Daiwa BG 8000 NIB & the Penn Super Peer 309M NIB on the shelf of the old, little bookcase, are for sale. No papers for the 309; just lube, clamp assembly and tool. The BG has everything it came with + the bill of sale.

thorhammer

NIce work G. Glad to see this thread rebooted- it's one of my favorites. I need to get some up here myself.

John

Sharkb8

Nice collection Greg good to see a Alvey in there too

Kim

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

oldmanjoe

8)   Nice collection , all tho i would rearrange some reels , i can think of better top shelf reels .   8) 
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Donnyboat

It all looks great Greg, Kim, that Alvey is possibly the one I sent to greg from Western Australia, with quite a few lures, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Swami805

A lot of nice reels you have there.  Should be able to add a few more layers of shelves as your collection grows. Thanks for posting
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Midway Tommy

Well done, Greg! The only drawback is it leaves a reason for your better half to grimace every time she walks by. ;) I'm pretty sure, it's a gal thing you know, that you'll be prodded to dust them off quite regularly.  :D

Time to fill those open spaces, Bubba!  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)