Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC49

Quote from: Penn Chronology on February 09, 2019, 07:25:47 AM
QuoteHere are a few of my 49A reels from oldest 1951/2 to 1980's

That is a very impressive bunch of 49A's. Do any of the reels have the "A" molded into the logo like this?

Hi Mike yes the 2 reels on the left are a few of the "A" molded into the logo reels I have managed to find over the years. I am busy restoring / cleaning up the others at the moment when I get the time. They are pretty scarce here in South Africa but once you know what to look for they can be found.  ;)
Here are some close up pictures of the head plates with the "A" in the logo.

Regards
AC49

thorhammer

Was digging in the reel bag Alan gave me and had a few  laid out, so why not a pic, plus a couple on the bench and some mementos from Ohana...

Daron and i were gonna pull out the whole lots but life got us both, so here's a few baubles anyway.

The little guy with the blue handle is a pristine 185, which I didn't even notice until I picked it up for the pic. Though it was a 180 til I asked "where's the star????"

thorhammer

pic

JeffG

Quote from: thorhammer on February 10, 2019, 11:02:04 PM
pic

Does that ultrasonic cleaner work pretty well? I've been looking at those on ebay. Decent price!

Thanks
Jeff

Shark Hunter

The old knife trick. ;D
Looking Good. ;)
Life is Good!

Darin Crofton

Sweet collection, that's a cool looking handle up front, trippy man ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

thorhammer

At $54 the US cleaner works pretty well; got it a couple weeks ago and wish I had a couple years ago...

The Ka-Bar was for you, Brah! See your popper hanging there?

Darin, that's a Sal special handle designated for a 12T I'm working on, whenever I can find a thrust washer.

Penn Chronology

Re: Show your Collections!
« Reply #795 on: February 09, 2019, 02:55:44 AM »

Quote from: Penn Chronology on February 08, 2019, 11:25:47 PM
Here are a few of my 49A reels from oldest 1951/2 to 1980's

That is a very impressive bunch of 49A's. Do any of the reels have the "A" molded into the logo like this?

Hi Mike yes the 2 reels on the left are a few of the "A" molded into the logo reels I have managed to find over the years. I am busy restoring / cleaning up the others at the moment when I get the time. They are pretty scarce here in South Africa but once you know what to look for they can be found. 
Here are some close up pictures of the head plates with the "A" in the logo.

Regards
AC49

The early ones with the "A" molded in the side go way back to the origins in the 1950's. In the USA, finding reels in the 49A marked box is very hard. I feel collectors are starting to import them back into the country.

1badf350

My full set of first gen Senators
(Some of these are not new finds. They just moved)  ;D
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Darin Crofton

Chris, I'm in awe at the beauty ;D ;D ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

thorhammer

Awesome! That's what this thread is all about!

mo65

Great collection of Senators Chris!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

sdlehr

Wow, Chris, nice set of first gen Senators! How long you been collecting?
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

54bullseye

Good for you Chris that quite an accomplishment to put that set together !!! What now LOL !!!!!    John Taylor