Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

ez2cdave

Quote from: thorhammer on August 28, 2019, 02:23:56 PMHere is the man the myth the legend with the 16/0!

You're gonna need a bigger boat . . .

Tight Lines !

oc1

thorhammer

Told Mike I'd post a pic on big Mitchell's...might get Keith's attention as well :)

broadway

John,
   Where do you find the time to do all you do?  You have so many sweet set ups, mods, builds, rod repairs, etc.  I'm starting to feel like you have a workshop full of elves producing all this tackle and gear for you.
One thing is for sure... you have tons of fishy experience. 8)
Thanks for showing,
Dom

Sharkb8

Nice collection of Mitchell's you got there.

thorhammer

Thanks, gents. One of these days I plan on getting out all of the Mitchell's for a family photo, but it will take about as long as Daron pulling out 12/0's. Tho I will say there are a load of 4- series in  there that only Biggiesmallzz has seen that is gonna have Mo65 (Mike) and friends drooling- I have pristine 400's 402's 406's, 408's gathering dust in crates :)

Dom, I won't lie- sometimes I go out to the shop at 630 am before work with a coffee to work on stuff. However, i also walk the property to see if I managed to kill any voles, and feed the fish off my dock. It helps to keep me sane most days. I can build a jiggy or Senator or wrap on four guides with two cups off coffee :)

Penn Chronology

QuoteTold Mike I'd post a pic on big Mitchell's...might get Keith's attention as well

Very impressive set of Mitchell's. They look perfect and I can see they are not retired. Very nice....

oc1

Let's make this clear.  I do not collect reels, or anything else.  I am not OCD.  But, sometimes things just accumulate, sort of by accident, ya' know. While these were tuned and on a rod I snapped a pitcher.

From top to botton:
Langley Lurecast on St. Croix tobacco fiberglass blank
Langley Target on California Tackle, Cal Royal tobacco fiberglass blank
Langley Target on St. Croix graphite blank
Langley Target on Phillipson tobacco fiberglass blank
Langley Target on pre-Garcia Conolon tobacco fiberglass blank
Langley Target on homemade graphite blank
Langley Target on Batson-like Chinese graphite blank
hybrid Langley Target/ Langley Streamlite on Batson-like Chinese graphite blank

The Langley hybrid has the wider spool, frame and tail plate from a Streamliote and the head plate/free spool mechanism from a Target.  

All have 110 yards of 20# Power Pro or J-Braid.  All are 9.5 to 10.5 feet long.  Most have single foot PacBay micro guides.  All have neodymium magnets attached to the head plate.  Three of them are tuned to throw a 1/4 ounce jig and the rest are tuned to throw a 3/8 ounce jig.  There are large differences in overall weight, but little difference in casting distance (within a given lure weight).  All have been used but some are luckier than others.

Most have shaved tail plates.  Some are drilled.  The magnets add more weight than the shaving and drilling removes weight.

-steve

mhc

Nice 'accidental accumulation' of modified vintage Langley reels and hand crafted custom rods Steve - good to see one of your home made blanks in the mix as well, I'm still in awe of that project.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Sharkb8

Steve that looks like a collection to me very nice

Kim

mo65

Quote from: thorhammer on September 19, 2019, 02:20:42 AM
There are a load of 4- series in  there that only Biggiesmallzz has seen that is gonna have Mo65 (Mike) and friends drooling- I have pristine 400's 402's 406's, 408's gathering dust in crates :)

Wow John! I just saw this post. How do I miss so many posts when I practically sleep on the dang floor here??? :D  I bid on a 498 a few days ago...of course they blew me out of the water...I'll get one someday! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mo65

Quote from: Sharkb8 on November 01, 2019, 11:01:16 AM
Steve that looks like a collection to me very nice

Kim

Yep...has all the earmarks of a collection. Don't worry Steve, the community won't look down on you for being a "collector". ;)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

Nice equipment, Steve !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

El Pescador

Don (Donnyboat) from AU, we regularly communicate about all things fishing,

And he told me he purchased a new in the box Penn 500.  Asked him why, that seems like a small knife to bring to a gunfight in his neck of the woods.  Told him to send me his small reel collection and I'll post it.  So here you go Donnyboat!!!!

Hi Wayne & Jennifer, hope this contact finds you two & your family in good health, Wayne I manage to get a new un used Jig master 500 L with the box, from Henk Fiolet, for AU $75, including postage, he is still compiling the list of what he has for sale,

I also brought a Penn Senator with rod, on a local trade sight for AU $50.00, I also rebuilt a Penn International for a bloke, he also had two 114 HLW senators, that he gave me, he brought the 3 of them all in pieces for AU$10.00, the senators need new main gears & pinions, so he gave them to me, I am also doing up an International 50 for him, that was also included in the $10.00.

I am working on my rocklobster pots, hoping to get them in the water next week, there is a full moon on November 12, they should start moving then, keep well cheers Don.

Then this last communication:  Sometimes I use Google Translate to better understand what he is saying!!!! ;D ;)

Nice to get your reply Wayne, I doubt,if I will use the 500L, we have plenty of fish to use it for, such as skippy about 2Lb 8oz, or sometimes heavier, when burelying for them we often get samson fish, blue bone groper, even the Wester Australian Dhu fish, but I have plenty of reels for that, as the 500L is new with the box, I think I will keep it for a shelfy, I have a little stand next to me in the office here with, Penn senators 1/0, 2/0, 2x3/0s black & red,4/0 black & red, A 49, a squidder, a penn 85, a Penn 150, a Penn 155, pluss the two reels I got from, Crow, Arlyn the sears 6 4376 & the Ocean City Bay City, they all have lines on them, ready to go, I will take a photo of them in the  morning with a bit more light in here, & send it to you, also what does the L stand for on the 500L I thought it would be left-hand wind, but it is right-hand wind, so that's good coarse I prefer to wind with my right hand, we are aloud to do net fishing as from next Wednesday, in the peel inlet, near Mandurah, see if you can google it a large area of water, that's were we do most of our crabbing, they have placed the starting Date back till December 1, used to be November 1, keep well cheers Don.

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!