Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Thank You, Michael —

Because of your integrity and historical respect for these early and rare examples — the mantle has been passed to you to preserve them, for now.

Good job & appreciate the photos!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Great keepsakes, Mike. Ray's knowledge, sense of humor and friendship is sorely missed! That's a really cool experimental prototype colored 716!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Penn Chronology

Thank you all for the great feedback. Here is a little of the documentation of the tan---Model 716 in Ben Wrights Spinning Reel Reference and Value Guide on page 309, The late Mr. Wright mentions this particular reel.

I also include the Auction Front Page and item #37, which is my tan 716.

Thanks again for the comments. These kind of reels make the hobby more than simply amassing a bunch of reels.

Reels_penn4life

So nice to see more people are collecting these old classics. I built a small 4x7 room in my garage. Loaded it with shelves. Put in a small desk to work. It's my sanctuary. Planning on building a room off the back of the garage so I can expand and have room to work on rods too. These pics are from a few months ago. I've added quite a few since. Last count was 265 in this room alone. Must be over 300 by now. Also love collecting and using old fiberglass rods. Honey lamis, Shakespeare, Garcia conolon. Love em!!
Doug O

Crow

Nice "man cave " !! But it looks like you should have made it bigger :D
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Reels_penn4life

I'll be making a bigger room off the back of my garage. At least twice the size.
Doug O

Swami805

Now that's a collection! What are the 2 red reels on the back bottom self?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Reels_penn4life

Quote from: Swami805 on August 15, 2019, 12:50:57 PM
Now that's a collection! What are the 2 red reels on the back bottom self?

Do you mean the pink?? Those are penn 714 greenie and 716z. Painted them for my daughters. They were my dads.
Doug O

foakes

Very well done, Doug —

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Donnyboat

Very nice Doug, bigger room for sure, thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gobi King

Doug, thanks for sharing, that is a "collection", love the pink reels,  ;D
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Midway Tommy

Now that's what I call "closeup and personal"!  ;D  An awful lot of nice reels in that little space!   :o What's the Old Pal?
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

Dang!  You have a bunch of those things, don't you.  Thank you for showing.
-steve

Benni3

Swami805

Looked red this morning before coffee, haha. Thanks
Build an extra room to live in, at the rate you're going you'll need the house to keep your reels.
Beautiful, thanks for posting
Do what you can with that you have where you are