Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

I'd say Don needs some shelves !!  Lot's of them......"cause it looks like his collection is getting pretty big !   I fumbled the ball, on this one too....sorry Don :P....I was "away from home" most of the night (my wife had a bad reaction to some medicine, so we were doing the 'emergency room ' thing !), and only saw your email a short while ago.  I wonder, does that "Catchem lure" work ???
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

Quote from: El Pescador on November 01, 2019, 01:48:10 PM
Sometimes I use Google Translate to better understand what he is saying!!!! ;D ;)

Nice collection Don! I love that Aussie slang...was talking to my brother about a reel yesterday...mentioned the condition and told him "It's in pretty good nick". He says "come again?" :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Quote from: mo65 on November 01, 2019, 01:20:56 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on September 19, 2019, 02:20:42 AM
There are a load of 4- series in  there that only Biggiesmallzz has seen that is gonna have Mo65 (Mike) and friends drooling- I have pristine 400's 402's 406's, 408's gathering dust in crates :)

Wow John! I just saw this post. How do I miss so many posts when I practically sleep on the dang floor here??? :D  I bid on a 498 a few days ago...of course they blew me out of the water...I'll get one someday! 8)

Hey Mike, note: 498 and 99 (wrong hand wind, no one wants that one but Ron, lol ) are skirted and always go for more than unskirted (that I have) 488/89. The 486/87 are same body, but smaller spool / rotor. 386 / 387 are somewhat rarer, and are the slower retrieve versions, following Mitchell numbering convention. 488 was a standard for decades in the tailrace where I fished these...some really big cats back there, blues in there over 100lbs. The WR blue came from the lake my little place is on, which is on the upstream side of the dam. Google WR blue cat, Kerr reservoir (Buggs Island). I think that one was 138 or so, but every year now someone gets a three digit and 30lbs doesn't raise an eyebrow. We caught total 150 lbs in three hours a ways back and left them biting...I'm  about 100 miles downstream from Benni.

milne

Quote from: mo65 on November 01, 2019, 02:06:18 PM
Quote from: El Pescador on November 01, 2019, 01:48:10 PM
Sometimes I use Google Translate to better understand what he is saying!!!! ;D ;)

Nice collection Don! I love that Aussie slang...was talking to my brother about a reel yesterday...mentioned the condition and told him "It's in pretty good nick". He says "come again?" :D

HaHaHa, luv it Mo, You'd fit in well down under  ;D

Don, that's a great looking collection you've got going there and that 500l looks like a ripper !
Sorry I couldn't get my computer skills working, don't know what went wrong there.

Just to fill you guys in, I had the pleasure in having a chat with Don today on the phone, sure is great to put a voice to the text, so to speak.
You guessed it, Penn reels was the main topic ( go figure ah ).
Any way, a nicer bloke you could not hope to chat with.

cheers
Col

bhale1

Steve,
Sure looks like a collection to me....but I wont tell or judge ;D
Im torn between the 3rd rod from top, and the 6th rod from top as my favorite. If I had to pick just one..............6th from top would win.
Which is your favorite ???
Which is the "luckiest" rod.
Thanks for sharing
Brett

Midway Tommy

Nice group, Donny! Where the heck are the spinners, though!  ;D

Steve, you are in denial! Time to make an admission or enter a twelve step program!  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

Quote from: Midway Tommy on November 01, 2019, 07:26:51 PM
Steve, you are in denial! Time to make an admission or enter a twelve step program!  ;D

Yeah, I've slipped off the wagon a bit and am checking myself back into rehab immediately.  I knew it was time to take action when this thing arrived in the mail.

-steve

Donnyboat

Thanks for all the comments members, love your ocean City spinner Steve, looks great.
     Arlyn, the catch-em lure, I picked it up @ a garage sale for AU$5.00, never been opened, so its a shelfy, I will never use it.
     Tommy I have quite a few spinners, just have not, had the time to give them the love they need, done up a couple of single arm Mitchell 489 reels also two Sea Martin reels that I picked up cheep, one with a rod for AU$25.00, & the other came with about six other reels, including one of the Mitchell 489 reels, & a rod turner AU$130.00 for the lot, plus several spools of tread.
      with the reels I do up, I take the line of them, as I am removing it, I use a wet sponge with alittle detergent, around the line, then I run it back onto another spool with wet sponge, with Know detergent, after I  do up the reel I, place the line back on the reel, so the line is on the spool, inside out, or back to front so to speek, so the line showing now looks like new, as it has not faided like the other end that has been used for years. it come up nice & shinny, ay.
      MO, Mike, so you like our Aussie slang mate, some of us more un educated lot use more slang then the other poor devils ay..
      Yes I receive a phone call from, Colin Milne  yesterday, I tried to talk but could`nt get a word in, know in all fairness, it was good to talk to you Colin, thanks very much for taking the time, to contact me, it was great, defiantly, will keep in contact, with you. cheers & thanks again Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

Steve nice eggbeater
Don I think the L stands for light weight it has aluminum spool

Kim

Sharkb8

It's time to dust off the reel and to go fishing

Kim

Penn Chronology

My latest little display, in honor of my new book. Soon to be available. Oh Noooooooooooooooooooooo,,,,,,,. Not a Penn in the bunch......

oc1

Wow.  OC made tube reels too (second from the end on left and right on lower shelf).
-steve

54bullseye

Quote from: Penn Chronology on November 02, 2019, 03:01:42 AM
My latest little display, in honor of my new book. Soon to be available. Oh Noooooooooooooooooooooo,,,,,,,. Not a Penn in the bunch......

Looking forward to the Ocean City  book Mike !  I want an early copy signed by you. Nice little OC display to !! 
John Taylor

Donnyboat

Thanks Kim, for the info, nice rack full of weapons you have there, yes the temp is coming good in aussie for fishing, Mike, I love that lot of ocean City reels, thanks for the pics,
      Arlyn I hope your wife is okay now, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

That's very cool,,,,, 8) the only thing I can find about ocean city is a picture of bettie page fishing with one or it could have been a senator,,,,, ;D