Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems

Got the shed/workshop sorted out yesterday, and made space to put reels on display shelves.

I pulled the conventional reels out of their boxes on the same table as my kids cereal box.
The picture perfectly describes my growing reel addiction.

basto

Very impressive. You must be very proud of that lot.
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

ReelFishingProblems

I love buying new reels, salvaging old reels, and building reels out of the amazing parts the Ohana makes. Lucky for me my wife just developed an addiction to collecting vintage Pyrex. She now understands why I keep buying more reels

Maxed Out

Nice set of reels Nick

Love them froot loops too. A spoonful of sugar in every bite !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Donnyboat

Nice Nick, you have them looking really good, thanks for showing us, cheers  Don.
Don, or donnyboat

thorhammer

Yeah nice work but wheres the grinders?   I know there's more in there  ;D

ReelFishingProblems

Quote from: thorhammer on March 09, 2020, 01:17:32 AM
Yeah nice work but wheres the grinders?   I know there's more in there  ;D
I'll put together a photo of the spinners in front of a lucky charms box

Sharkb8

Nice collection of reels Nick

Kim

Bill B

Nick, that's a serious collection of fish killers!  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Midway Tommy

I picked up a neat little 36" high lighted curio display cabinet awhile back at Good Will down the road for $25. I decided I would display my Italian made spinning reels in it. I had a few displayed in a lawyers book case, but the rest were cleaned & serviced and stored in a tote because I had no place to display them. I decided the last few days it was time to get them organized and put in the cabinet. I thought I would take a couple of photos of them out in the open before I put them in the cabinet.

Most were made by Zangi, but not all. From left to right.

Bottom Row: Ted Williams 550, Ted Williams 450, Ted Williams 350, Pescador 500, Pescador, 400, Pescador 300, Sears 300, Sears Spinning Reel 391-38250
Second Row: Ted Williams 510, Ted Williams 410, Ted Williams 310, Ted Williams 500, Ted Williams 400, Ted Williams 300, True Temper True Spin 322, Spem Velox
Third Row: Orvis 150A, Orvis 100, Orvis 100, Pelican 100, Orvis 50A, Alcedo Erie 2CS, Alcedo Micron, Cargem Mignon33, Cargem Silverfish 402
Top Row: Old Pal Jaguar 800, Old Pal Cougar 600, Old Pal Cougar 600, Trade Winds, Inc. Spin-in Royal 585, A.P.M. Agal, Minerva, Cargem 404 
(Note: The 2 boxed Cargems have never had their bag seals broken open) :o I've got boxes for a couple of the others but didn't have room in the photo for them.

All but the Agal, Spin-in Royal, Minerva, & Spem Velox are pinion worm gear driven.

Here's the cabinet they're going into. It's tough to take pics of mirror backed cabinets.  ;D

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Donnyboat

Gee Tommy, your a bit confused, you need a larger cabinet than that, place a led light inside @ the top of the door, thanks for showing us cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

basto

Hi class collection Tommy. Very nice indeed.
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

foakes

Word has it, that Tommy has a reel display of every country in the world -- providing they produced vintage spinning reels.

Plus historical knowledge and documentation.

Ask to see his collections from Estonia & Cameroon.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.