Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Looks great G! What handle is that you added to the Levelmatic? Did you also bend the star arms to make it work?
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

the rockfish ninja

Deadly Sebastes assassin.

thorhammer

Nice, T! Did you swap out knobs on the Avets?

That's an arsenal of someone who gets the best there is for what they do.

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: thorhammer on October 13, 2021, 02:19:56 PM
Nice, T! Did you swap out knobs on the Avets?

That's an arsenal of someone who gets the best there is for what they do.

Yea, I did both at Alan's garage, he's the only one I know that has a drill press, had to buy him tacos just to use it. ;)

My arsenal is just practical with not a lot of overlap, SXJ-MC for surf, SX for live bait & drifting, Valiants 300 & 500N for jigging, & the low profiles do everything else.

FWIW those Valiants are what I consider the best we produce in the USA for jigging, but there are others considered even better from overseas mfgs like Studio Ocean Mark & Jigging Master.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

steelfish

@ Greg, amigo, that display needs more reels asap  ;D ;D  my OCD cant handle those empty spaces

@RFninja, nice selection of reels, somehow the stock jigmaster kind of dont match there, maybe if you get one of those XN tiburon kits for it it will look as narrow as the accurade reels  ;D
The Baja Guy

Gfish

Quote from: steelfish on October 13, 2021, 06:25:24 PM
@ Greg, amigo, that display needs more reels asap  ;D ;D  my OCD cant handle those empty spaces

@RFninja, nice selection of reels, somehow the stock jigmaster kind of dont match there, maybe if you get one of those XN tiburon kits for it it will look as narrow as the accurade reels  ;D

I know, huh, Alex😜. I'm thinkin that one more Spincaster such as onea those cool lookin Shakespeare Wonder Reel in a box for the top. Maybe an Italian spinner down below and then the 3–I have on rods—a Fin-Nor LT 100's a classic, right?

Mo, it's one of the 3–handles you get with a new(several years ago) Abu Revo Toro Beast. I hada do some grinding on it to get the handle nut down tight. Yeah, I did bend the star points(nerve wracking), slightly.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

steelfish

Quote from: Gfish on October 13, 2021, 08:48:45 PM
.... Yeah, I did bend the star points(nerve wracking), slightly.

I know the feeling, I did something similar when I installed a trinidad 12 handle to my calcutta 400TE

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=17967.0
The Baja Guy

tincanary

Calcutta Conquest BFS on the left, Millionaire CT SV on the right.

thorhammer

Nice reels, Bob! And thanks for the Abu intel!   I like those plinths....we used to have thread here, "of plinths, displays and such" i think, that was cool. I think Dominic started it.

tincanary

Quote from: thorhammer on October 14, 2021, 12:09:02 PM
Nice reels, Bob! And thanks for the Abu intel!   I like those plinths....we used to have thread here, "of plinths, displays and such" i think, that was cool. I think Dominic started it.

They're dirt cheap on AliExpress, I think I paid like $1.50 for them, bought myself a dozen.  They have them for low profile reels, round reels, and spinning reels.

thorhammer

The only Abu's I have not on rods. Why the KaBar, says you? Why not?, says I. Daron would've put it there, because it's a KaBar on my work bench, but since wasnt here, I did it anyway.

10000CL 2-speed, 10000C 2-speed, 8000 2-speed, 2500C.

thorhammer

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

you've gotta teach me how to do that someday!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!