Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Hey Alan, that's the two-speed 8000 you did for me when I first got here, along with a Calcutta TE. I dumped the little toy knob tho.

foakes

There is probably a quicker way with some devices and computer knowledge, Alan —

As a Mod or Admin like you — we have the ability to modify any post.

1)   copy the photo to YOUR device's photo library
2)   edit the photo to the proper orientation position — tap "done" or "save"
3)   go back to the post
4)   tap modify
5)   check the box next to the photo that needs adjusting
6)   tap save at the bottom — now the old photo is gone
7j   tap modify again
8)   go to "additional options"
9)   select the new image you saved to your photo library
10) tap save again — it is now right side up

I use my iPad primarily, sometimes my iPhone, sometimes my MacBook laptop.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oc1

How come when you click on a photo here to enlarge it, it often rotates to the proper orientation?

When I open a photo iwith Microsoft Edge there is a rotate button in the ribbon above.

Bill B

For someone who didn't like Jigmasters in the beginning, they seem to be multiplying.  Top row L-R: first two were bought by my dad and seem to be early representations of the aluminum spools, 505HS, early representations of the JM with plastic spools.  Bottom row L-R: parts reel with aluminum spool, 501 with bars and 3 piece spool , Tib P21 XN, 501 with solid bars and aluminum spool, 70's reel with solid bars and aluminum spool. I need another JM like I need another hole in my head and yes the wife offered to give it to me 🤣🤣.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Crow

The more, the merrier ! Nice assortment!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Bill B on May 17, 2022, 09:29:39 PMFor someone who didn't like Jigmasters in the beginning, they seem to be multiplying.  Top row L-R: first two were bought by my dad and seem to be early representations of the aluminum spools, 505HS, early representations of the JM with plastic spools.  Bottom row L-R: parts reel with aluminum spool, 501 with bars and 3 piece spool , Tib P21 XN, 501 with solid bars and aluminum spool, 70's reel with solid bars and aluminum spool. I need another JM like I need another hole in my head and yes the wife offered to give it to me 🤣🤣.  Bill
Every time a hair on our head dies it leaves a hole in our head , I don`t see a problem ... :d
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

jtwill98

I have always created my own fishing rod racks out of scrap lumber.  Some hang vertically, some horizontally and some free standing racks.  Well, they are all full and I was thinking of creating another one when one popped up on Amazon, probably tracking my cookies in my browser as I was searching for a different free standing design.

The price of $20 was too hard to pass up, so I took a flier and bought this: https://www.amazon.com/vdp/017d30c4e1c94c23b58892a11c95dc5b?ref=dp_vse_ibvc0

Midway Tommy

I don't think you could buy the parts for $20.  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

tincanary

broadway

Never owned an Abu, but they look like a nice size to palm and durable as well.
Nice grouping.
Best,
Dom

thorhammer

Hey Bob, nice work, and glad to see this thread kicked back up- it's one of my all time favorites. I like at the beginning when Daron say's "I've come a long way", in 2014.I'd like to see where he's at now; I think he might have to use his deck rather than the table.

Bob, what have you done there? I know those aren't stock, because mine are stock, and they don't look like that besides the plates :)

nelz

There's a small fortune in them-there perty little Abu's!  :d

tincanary

Quote from: thorhammer on October 13, 2023, 12:34:20 PMHey Bob, nice work, and glad to see this thread kicked back up- it's one of my all time favorites. I like at the beginning when Daron say's "I've come a long way", in 2014.I'd like to see where he's at now; I think he might have to use his deck rather than the table.

Bob, what have you done there? I know those aren't stock, because mine are stock, and they don't look like that besides the plates :)

The two on the left are 2500C IAR models.  I actually found a place that had some NOS side plates so I grabbed 5 sets, still have 3 sets for safe keeping.  Those reels have a 7mm offset frame to palm better, double bearing worm and idler, lightweight shallow spool, lighter line guide, static mag brake, 6.1 gears, aluminum driveshaft, and lighter brake plates.  The reel with black accents weighs 6.3 oz and the silver weighs 7 oz as it has the factory brake plate.  On the left up top is a 1600C IAR with a lighter spool, double bearing idler and worm and lighter line guide.  Bottom left is a '75 2500C with spool, idler, worm, and 4 post driveshaft for faster turnover.  They all fish very well.  My favorite is the 1600C IAR, it's a joy to use and pairs well with a short fiberglass rod, great for creek fishing.

thorhammer

Pro at work. Excellent! I plan to get into mine this winter and see what's there; I know I have a couple of 2500C parts reels that aren't missing more than bearings. I STOLE several plus the parts reels in a box at a pawn shop about 15 years ago...I think I got five working 1500 / 2500 plus parts reel for a hundred bucks or so. Have added a couple more along the way. I lived at the beach then and those are too small for anything we did there, so I think the folks didn't really know what they were.

jtwill98

Quote from: jtwill98 on September 01, 2023, 07:07:47 PMI have always created my own fishing rod racks out of scrap lumber.  Some hang vertically, some horizontally and some free standing racks.  Well, they are all full and I was thinking of creating another one when one popped up on Amazon, probably tracking my cookies in my browser as I was searching for a different free standing design.

The price of $20 was too hard to pass up, so I took a flier and bought this: https://www.amazon.com/vdp/017d30c4e1c94c23b58892a11c95dc5b?ref=dp_vse_ibvc0

A follow-up with a picture of this items since I was in the shop taking pictures this afternoon.