Gear For The Trip

Started by Keta, March 18, 2014, 12:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Alan:  Do you have room for the tank and a rod?  I'll bring it down before the trip.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Quote from: Big Tim on May 20, 2014, 01:05:58 AM
Quote from: Dominick on May 20, 2014, 12:25:12 AM
Does anyone on the SOA want to fish with the original tank?  If so I'll put it on a rod and send it down with Alan.  He should have room for one more rod and reel.  Just let me know.  Dominick

Is it rookie certified ? I would fish that thing  ;D ;D ;D
Okay Tim, hopefully Alan or someone will be able to deliver it down.  After you catch a fish with it you can pass it around and give whomever wants to try it out.  It should be fun for everyone.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

i guess i have to bring my "itak", my filipino army knife... ;) :D ;D

alantani

yes.  we'll hook up at some point!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on May 20, 2014, 09:54:10 PM
yes.  we'll hook up at some point!
Alan:  Do you have a spiral wrapped rod that will work with the tank?  I usually use a Shakespeare Tidewater part roller rod with the tank and I will set it up, but I think a spiral wrapped rod would be fun especially for some of us who have never used one.  Dominick

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on May 21, 2014, 12:05:49 AM
not an extra one.

That's alright Alan we will just use yours... ;D ;D ;D

Ron Jones

Thanks Dom,
The Nex has that rod at a great price, I haven't heard any reviews of it, but if you use it on the Tank then I guess it is good enough for my Marlin Special.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Quote from: noyb72 on May 21, 2014, 12:25:27 AM
Thanks Dom,
The Nex has that rod at a great price, I haven't heard any reviews of it, but if you use it on the Tank then I guess it is good enough for my Marlin Special.
Ron
I think it is a fine rod.  Someday I'll get a chance to use a spiral.  Dominick

MarkT

I have a Seeker G6480 and a G6470 that are acid wrapped by J.Akuhed I can bring If anyone wants to try a spiral rod.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

Quote from: MarkT on May 21, 2014, 02:22:53 AM
I have a Seeker G6480 and a G6470 that are acid wrapped by J.Akuhed I can bring If anyone wants to try a spiral rod.
MarkT:  Please bring it.  I will send the tank down with Alan.  A spiral wrapped Seeker and the tank, wow! what a combo.  I am going to Los Cabos June 10 to 17 and will take the tank with me.  I will see that Alan gets the reel when I get back.  Dominick

MarkT

Dominick

Quote from: MarkT on May 21, 2014, 03:44:36 AM
Which one?
I don't know.  :-\  I am not familiar with the models.  Does it help for you to know that the tank has 80lb braid with 100 flouro top shot.  Dominick

MarkT

Seeker Black Steel G6470 is a 40# rod. G6480 is 30-40#.

I'm going on a 2 1/2 day this weekend on the Pacific Voyager out of Seaforth. Conditions are looking real good.  I've been told to bring 60# in case the big boys want to play.  There are reports of big numbers of BFT 90-300 miles down. I was going to take 25-30-30-40-50.  I guess I'll take some 60# fluoro in case I need to upgrade the 50.  One 30 is an SX Raptor, 40 is a Saltiga 40LDII, 50 is an HX Raptor so all 3 can play up a line class if I need to go big. I can only hope!

SoCalAngler

John Grabowski designed a fine rod in the G6470 along with Seeker for 40 lb test. I don't own any but I have fished them many times. I do own two 6470's by Calstar one a BWC and a standard honey color and have caught many fish with them (there not made any more by Calstar) and one Calstar BWC 6480 for 40-50 lb. The honey 6470 stays in Baja and the BWC's rides with me on most trips here, well when 40 lb bait and 50lb jigs are needed, but sadly that is not often until I head south. The Black Steel's have lovely tips for slinging deans and even iron and shut off where they are most comfortable but 50 lb is pushing that rod. The G6480-8 is a fantastic 30 lb rod with the H a great 40 lb rod in the Black Steel line.