alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Gear For The Trip
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
April 24, 2019, 04:08:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gear For The Trip  (Read 94830 times)
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #285 on: June 04, 2014, 05:02:34 PM »

we've always gotten the good stuff!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
SoCalAngler
SoCalAngler
Photo Group

« Reply #286 on: June 04, 2014, 05:18:05 PM »

The last couple of days it's been rough offshore and the counts are rat Yellowtails and not vast quantities of them.  It should pick back up in the next couple weeks or else we'll be fishing with 15-20# and getting most of the fish on the troll.

I thought you guys were doing a 5 day trip and if you are I'm sure you won't spend the whole time in the 2 day range. Cedros, Benitos islands can come into play along with some of the banks like Uncle Sam's.
Big Tim
Photo Group

Space Herring "Commander of the Sun"

« Reply #287 on: June 04, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »

I am ready ... I don't care where or what we fish for  Grin I got a good attitude and a new Ol' Skool rod for my Baja Special.  Grin Grin Grin 7'7" all glass Harnell, 30+ rod W/Penn Baja Special, full of P-Line 40#...That should make you  Grin

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:56:28 PM by Big Tim » Logged
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #288 on: June 06, 2014, 06:04:04 AM »

What lures should I bring for trolling?

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Porthos

« Reply #289 on: June 06, 2014, 07:19:03 AM »

What lures should I bring for trolling?

The standard would be plugs and feathers:

If it saves you the hassle of bringing some, you borrow any of these since I can't use them all at the same time. You can also replace the leader on any you choose to use just for peace of mind.
maxpowers

« Reply #290 on: June 06, 2014, 07:47:49 AM »

Just an FYI,

Our Local Big 5 Sporting Goods stores are having a pretty decent sales.  I picked up a displayed Talica 16II for $353 out the door.  The sales ends Saturday.
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #291 on: June 06, 2014, 03:31:35 PM »

Spirit of Adventure enthusiasts, I met Alan at the range (we got some shooting in) I dropped off the Tank and a rod.  Anyone and everyone on the trip should try it out.  It is a fine reel.  Have fun with it as I have had over several trips.  Its gotten, tuna, marlin, dorado and rooster fish and perform flawlessly.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Big Tim
Photo Group

« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2014, 04:07:53 PM »

Spirit of Adventure enthusiasts, I met Alan at the range (we got some shooting in) I dropped off the Tank and a rod.  Anyone and everyone on the trip should try it out.  It is a fine reel.  Have fun with it as I have had over several trips.  Its gotten, tuna, marlin, dorado and rooster fish and perform flawlessly.  Dominick

Went to the Range in Fresno last week and shot my .357 and a few rentals...Went off with a Ruger 22/45 at full distance left & right handed.Had a big smile till the CHP showed up with a .44 mag and hit 6 for 6  bulls eyes form 40' left and right handed  Shocked I FEEL PROTECTED FOR SURE  Grin
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #293 on: June 06, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »

I forgot to mention that I had planned to take the reel on my Baja trip 6/10-17 but the trip overlapped with the SOA so I won't get to use it this month but I'll take it when I go back in November.  Tim I do alright for an old guy.  The funny thing is I never tried shooting left handed.  Next time.  Alan has a couple of Sigs and I rented a Glock 9mm.  The Glock was fun but I liked Alan's guns better.  Dominick

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #294 on: June 06, 2014, 04:41:39 PM »

Do you want to borrow my Tank?

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Big Tim
Photo Group

« Reply #295 on: June 06, 2014, 05:20:16 PM »

I forgot to mention that I had planned to take the reel on my Baja trip 6/10-17 but the trip overlapped with the SOA so I won't get to use it this month but I'll take it when I go back in November.  Tim I do alright for an old guy.  The funny thing is I never tried shooting left handed.  Next time.  Alan has a couple of Sigs and I rented a Glock 9mm.  The Glock was fun but I liked Alan's guns better.  Dominick
Dom: I learned to shoot leftie when I broke my right hand in the Navy. Shoot a bit of pool leftie and one handed to  Grin To fat to show off that much anymore  Grin
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #296 on: June 06, 2014, 06:39:03 PM »

Do you want to borrow my Tank?
Nah, I'm good.  Thanks though.  Dominick

Big Tim
Photo Group

« Reply #297 on: June 08, 2014, 08:51:52 AM »

I just read all 20 pages of this thread...LMAO  Cheesy  Grin Cheesy ... I can only imagine what visitors of this site think of all this gear mayhem  Grin
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:00:59 AM by Big Tim » Logged
johndtuttle
Sensei

« Reply #298 on: June 08, 2014, 08:55:28 AM »

I am ready ... I don't care where or what we fish for  Grin I got a good attitude and a new Ol' Skool rod for my Baja Special.  Grin Grin Grin 7'7" all glass Harnell, 30+ rod W/Penn Baja Special, full of P-Line 40#...That should make you  Grin

O heck yea, that's a meat stick right thar!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: