20# Penn 525 Mag / Phenix PSX807
25# Avet MXJ / Phenix PSW808MH
30# Avet SX Raptor / Phenix PSW809H
40# Daiwa SALD40II / Phenix PSW760H
50# Avet JX Raptor / Phenix PSW700XH

Hooks... lots, from #6 - 8/0, ringed, std, J, Circle
Iron, YoYo and surface
Lead heads w/plastics

Looks like BFT are back in the counts! But 'chovies for bait.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: noyb72 on March 18, 2014, 06:23:17 AM
Rob,
Have you fished that tidewater much?
The NEX has them and the bigger all roller one at a good price but I haven't heard anything about them from anyone I trust. What do you think?
Ron

Haven't fished it yet, it will also be tested. I'll let you put some time on it during the trip, hopefully there will be something worthy attached to the other end of the line. ;)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Jerseymic

WOW! you guys are in a different league to what we are in the U.K.

All that gear makes my eyes water.

Hope your trip goes well.

Mike.

Porthos

Quote from: noyb72 on March 18, 2014, 02:06:25 AM...I may bring a grouper special on an Okuma halibut rod just in case we get stuck bottom fishing. Those slow gears suck to reel up empty but sure put a hurtin on the fish during the fight..

Hey Ron,

Is the halibut rod the Okuma CE-C-461Ha or CE-C-561Ha?

Wai

Ron Jones

I'm looking at the 561, I think that it and a grouper special would be a perfect pair.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Porthos

Quote from: noyb72 on March 18, 2014, 07:28:30 PM
I'm looking at the 561, I think that it and a grouper special would be a perfect pair.
Ron

Neither the 461 or the 561 is common in SoCal to my knowledge; I look forward to seeing it. Could just order one off of Amazon, but would prefer to see an actual one in-person first.

Ron Jones

Wally world caries them out here. A few bucks more than on line but everything is like that in Hawaii. I've pulled on it and really like it. It has a long forend that would sit against a rail nicely.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

It looks like I'm going to have to find room in my reel bag for a Newell 220 now.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Big Tim

WOW! I am a bit overwhelmed by all these numbers of rods n reels, hooks & jigs...Just when you thought you could fish, you run into reel fishn' knowledge ... This will be fun for sure ... I'm learning new knots & leader splices,ect...Alan was right " Tim you need to go fishing with us" ... Sometimes it's best to get lucky...Thanks for taking me on.

Big Tim

Keta

You can get by with 3 rigs for this trip, a 20/30, a 40 and a 50/60.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Keta on March 19, 2014, 03:08:20 AM

Yup.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Ron Jones

I tried really hard to pick just three, but I just saw them crying in the rack and I have to prep them for the boat.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

i think so too but i'm bringing back-ups just in case... :)

Porthos

Quote from: Mel B on March 19, 2014, 05:06:02 AM

i think so too but i'm bringing back-ups just in case... :)

Always prudent to have something for just-in-case.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Big Tim on March 19, 2014, 02:25:34 AM
WOW! I am a bit overwhelmed by all these numbers of rods n reels, hooks & jigs...Just when you thought you could fish, you run into reel fishn' knowledge ... This will be fun for sure ... I'm learning new knots & leader splices,ect...Alan was right " Tim you need to go fishing with us" ... Sometimes it's best to get lucky...Thanks for taking me on.

Big Tim
Me too Big Tim...me too.

Not to worry, I believe Alan is bringing all of his gear, and with rod/reel rotation, could outfit the entire crew.  ;D

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D