Ambassadeur Bearings ?

Started by Drisse, April 05, 2014, 08:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

Hi !

I bought a set of bearings and bushings on a swedish auction site that was supposed to fit Ambassadeur 7000. No measurments in the text. I didn't recognize any of the bearings when I opened the package. Didn't pay that much, so I won't send them back. But I'm curious what Ambassadeur model they fit ? Anybody know the sizes ?

Innerdiam. x Outerdiam. x width
Bearings:

7x17x5 mm
5x13x4 mm
5x11x4 mm

Bushings:

5x13x4 mm

Thanks in advance !

GulfOfBothnia

5x11x4 fits at least to ambassadeur 2500c.

Don't know of the others.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

5x11x4 you can use for C4 and Record spools...

Drisse

Thanks for the info :). Anyone who knows the other sizes ?

Mooki

There's a list on this site, might not be complete though but still a bit heplful.
As far as I could tell the 7x17x5 is for Shimano or Daiwa reels, not used by ABU.
5x13x4 this is an odd one, couldn't find a match at all for fishing reels, although in truth I only spent a few minutes looking  ;D
5x11x4 as above, I might also add the Mörrum SX uses the same bearing on one side of the spool (#10262). According to Alan's list also used by Shimano.
Something like 40 BCs, mostly ABU. Still counting upwards...

Drisse

Thanks alot Mooki. I know about the list, and had a look at it. But thought it maybe could be to older Ambassadeurs and not mentioned in the list or something like that ?
Needed the info so I can contact the seller and tell that the info is wrong.

Thanks !

Drisse

Sent the seller a mail, and he just read what was written on the plastic bags. Told me that he had a bunch of bearings in different sizes in an old box with Abu logos. The seller has sold a lot of Abu spares, so I guess the bearings is meant to fit some Abu reels. But wich models ?

Could the bigger bearings / bushings 5x13x4mm maybe fit older bigger reels like Ambassadeur 20 ?

Thanks in advance !

Robert Janssen

Could the bigger bearings / bushings 5x13x4mm maybe fit..... Ambassadeur 20 ?

No.

Idunno about the other ones either, sorry.

mhc

Ambassadeur Morrum 7700CL use a 9x17x5 bearing on the drive shaft and 10x15x4 spool bearings, - will try to check a smaller morrum later to see if they match your set.
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Mandelstam

Quote from: Drisse on April 09, 2014, 09:03:35 PM
Sent the seller a mail, and he just read what was written on the plastic bags. Told me that he had a bunch of bearings in different sizes in an old box with Abu logos. The seller has sold a lot of Abu spares, so I guess the bearings is meant to fit some Abu reels. But wich models ?

Could the bigger bearings / bushings 5x13x4mm maybe fit older bigger reels like Ambassadeur 20 ?

Thanks in advance !

Maybe send the service and spares department in Svängsta a mail?
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Drisse

Thanks alot mhc ! Japp Mandelstam, I think I'll give them a call or send them a mail.

mhc

The Morrum 6600CL (foot No. 070114/04) has 5x13x4 and 5x11x4 spool bearings & only an AR on the drive shaft.
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Drisse

Perfect ! Thanks alot mhc. Very appreciated :)

Drisse

5x11x4mm as spoolbearings for some models. For example Ambassadeur Mörrum 6600CL, Mörrum SX, C4, 2500 and Record. Also fit some Shimano reels (models ? ).

5x13x4mm as spoolbearing for Ambassadeur Mörrum 6600CL.

5x13x4mm bushing ? Did early Mörrums have bushings ?

7x17x5mm should fit some Shimano and Daiwa reels (models ? ).