two small contests while on board

Started by alantani, April 08, 2014, 01:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

the guys on the maximus use a tony pena and single san diego.  i had one of basil pappas' wind on's, but i used a single san diego as instructed and i landed a 150 yellowfin.  the question is still, who's knot is strongest.  and it isn't just about which knot is tied, it is also about how it is tied.  allowing a knot to tighten on it's own may leave it stronger than one that is "cinched" down.  

i am working on the grand prize now. it's going to be something very special.  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Quote from: Lensters on April 08, 2014, 03:28:12 AM
What happens if the line breaks, but not at the knot?  That is what happened with the best knots at the SSS on the Trilene knot machine.

not sure about this one.  it's actually a good question.  i just tied a couple of single san diegos with 40# big game and they broke at 40#'s midway between the scale and the knot.  i dunno, what do you guys think?   :-\

alantani

maybe whoever ties for first can arm wrestle for first place!

Keta

The tie breaker should be something like 130-200.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

sundaytrucka

Great idea for the contests Alan!!!  Sounds like it is going to be a fun trip.

I think you will have a waiting list for next years trip, even before it is 100% a go.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Bryan Young

I would be disqualified...I would get seasick tying such a know on the boat.  lol

Swivel, I would use a bimini to palomar knot.  I haven't really tested it out on a large enough fish to test it, but I haven't had one fail yet.

joining lines...that one is a hard one...  Bimini (mono) to worm know (spectra).
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D