Penn 650ss

Started by chris015, April 08, 2014, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris015

So,i got ahold of a 650ss. Im guessing its the oldschool etc...

So the drag click spring was broke (under spool) replaced it.

there is a lever thing under the reel. What exactly does it do?? if i flip it,nothing changes...im guessing its a baitclicker? what do i need to do to fix it. thanks!!!

Cone

There are two anti reverse dogs under the rotor. One dog has a spring and the other dog is silent. There are two levers. One is on the back of the reel and the other is under the rotor. The one under the rotor disengages the sprung dog. You can reel and the only dog that will work will be the silent one. If you flip the one on the back of the reel it disengages the silent dog which pushes the transfer bar and disengages the sprung dog at the same time. (if it is engaged.) This is used for back reeling.
   There is a tutorial in the spinner section on the 6500ss. It's basically the same reel.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

chris015

So,for what i understand....

if i flip the switch under the rotor,the reel is suppose to be silent and not click while reeling? Either way,nothing happens when i flip it. still quiet. im thinking ive got something wrong. but i hate that click. So if the bottom switch isnt a "baitclicker" il leave it the way it is.

thank you for the help. Sadly im not very smart when it comes to the guts in a spinner.

Cone

They are really easy reels to work on. The tutorial in the spinner section should be all you need. The dogs may be stuck or corroded or the spring may be broken. Unscrew the handle arm. Remove the four side plate screws. Turn the rotor until the cross wind block is at its lowest position. Remove the two screws on the cross wind block and slide out the spool shaft. Take off the rotor nut and remove the rotor. The dogs will be staring you in the face. It should be easy to see what isn't working.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD