okuma cedros

Started by morpheus, April 10, 2014, 10:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morpheus

Hi as has any one use this jigging rod...any feedback....also can i use it to throw big popper 100 gram or more..thks

Three se7ens

Quote from: morpheus on April 10, 2014, 10:52:00 AM
Hi as has any one use this jigging rod...any feedback....also can i use it to throw big popper 100 gram or more..thks

I have a 6' xxh that I use for live bait and bottom fishing mostly. I really like it, and the components are high quality. It's a jigging rod, so when you load it up, it bends though the entire length. I've caught a number of big sharks with mine that were able to pull drag at 25+ lbs and the rod performed flawlessly.

For casting poppers, you may want something longer and faster if you're going for long casts. Other than that, it would probably work just fine.

morpheus

Is it possible to cast with jigging rods?

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

i have casted with my 6' and 6'6" trevala jigging rods. the farthest(with a 40 gram float) i've done with a Tani-nized reel and rotating parts lightened(modded Calcutta Conquest) is around 70 meters. :)

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7081.0

Three se7ens

Quote from: morpheus on April 10, 2014, 05:24:51 PM
Is it possible to cast with jigging rods?

They cast fine.  I think the length will matter more than the action to your casting distance in normal use.  Most of my saltwater spinners are on jigging rods, and I never had an issue with casting.  My current popper rod is a 7'6" jigging rod. I like the parabolic bend for fighting fish at high drag, but it's also a little harder to turn the fish since the rod bends so deep.