trolling is boring.....

Started by alantani, April 13, 2014, 10:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on April 14, 2014, 10:51:39 PM
Be careful, Lee. In your "goofy hat" photo, you're smiling.  :D :o
Hope to see a lot of that on the trip. ;)

Yes Lee and I bet your face did not break after that smile.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Big Tim

Lee: Maybe someday you will catch some big fish ;D ;D ;D Nice!!! hope to do that myself

Tim

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bucktail

I agree Alan.  When the fishing gets slow and we have to go on the troll to find them, I just want to go to sleep until it's time to break out the jigs and plugs again! 8)  
Unless I can cast it out and make that fish bite and feel that strike I don't even care to reel it in. :P

Just a jig-a-lo

erikpowell

our new trolling speed is 16 knots...its the boats most efficient speed and we always have somewhere to head to (birds,jigging,surf spot etc.), so we adapted.
we cover more ground now, and we get more hookups doing it... a lot of lures don't like that speed, but you gotta find the ones that do.
think about it... pelagics...we're hunting the fastest swimming fish in the sea... if the flying fish are always passing you, you're going too slow, and waves are going un-ridden  :D

Tightlines667

I've caught a lot of Pelagics high-speed trolling, but it just depends on the conditions.  Sometimes covering ground and looking for reaction strikes is effective.  Other times, you've got to be willing to adapt and modify techniques based on features, currents, or sea conditions.  I've caught a lot of fish at high speeds... wahoo, Stripers and Blues, Ahi, and others.  Sometimes a big fish will come streaking across from afar to explode on a fast moving bait.  Makos have a habit of quick acrobatics when hitting a high speed bait too.  Good fun! 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.