photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Yes there is some nice photos there, I think Mike with the whiting is such a nice clear shot, & Greg, talking of centipedes, there was a bloke that had one as a pet, he game home one Friday night, & said to his centipede, I think I will go to the pub tonight you coming, anyway he gets his gear on, then said to the centipede, are you ready, centipede said just slow down, give me time to put my socks on, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

twotone

twotone

Dominick

Hey look at Ted curling about a 100 lbs.  Couldn't smile huh?  It looks like you tried and only grimaced.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Dominick noticed something I didn't... Teds been eating his Wheaties evidently.
Well earned photo of two solid members of the Ohana having a fantastic time out in the water.
Memory making is what it's all about.
Good call Alan!
Dom

Maxed Out

Quote from: Dominick on July 04, 2019, 03:45:26 AM
Hey look at Ted curling about a 100 lbs.  Couldn't smile huh?  It looks like you tried and only grimaced.   ;D  Dominick

Likely 80# anyways.....I was smiling for the first 2 clicks, but the grimace came when Ron said just one more. By then it felt like 200# lol

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

AC49

Getting it done !!

Nice photos  :) :)

Regards
AC49

festus

My brother-in-law Jeff sent these pics from vacationing in Florida.  Pretty sure they were at St. George Island.

The first little girl is his 3 year old granddaughter, Averie with her fish.  I know very little about saltwater fish, anybody have a clue what species?

When were visiting in Georgia a couple weeks ago, I gave my brother-in-law this Offshore Angler 12' surf rod and a newly rebuilt D-A-M Quick 550N.  His 7 year old granddaughter Sophia is posing by it, it'll be a few years before she's able to borrow it from Papaw.

Third pic is his daughter Kassidy with a catfish.

Fourth pic is Sophia with an unexpected guest.  :o

Crow

Looks like they were having a great time !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Fishy247

The one that Averie has looks like a squirrelfish to me. The coloration looks right, but I can't tell about the body shape. Squirrel fish have a long, round body and their gill plates have a flat, serrated (EXTREMELY sharp) edge on them. Excellent bait for grouper offshore and I'm told are fantastic eating if you get a bunch of them. Fun stuff!

Thanks for sharing!
Mike

oc1

That's a serious surf rod.  French grunt, gafftopsail and loggerhead.
-steve

nelz

Recently, the Florida FWC increased the minimum size limit for Mutton Snapper from 16" to now 18". For boat fishermen, that's no big deal. For the land-based fisherman though, it has become nearly impossible to land a legal Mutton these days.

Since then, I've released dozens and dozens of shorties (some that would have been legal a couple of years ago) while pier fishing. Well, as it happens on my last two pier outings the seemingly impossible became possible! Got one keeper both times, the fish just squeaked in as legal and were both released into the frying pan.  ;D

Here's the latest, a nice fat one.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

Nice pic Alan, the children look happy about it all, good memories ay, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat