photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norcal Pescador

I like the picture for its story of old-world craftsmanship.
It shows the Dominick-sized hammer close by him and the Dom-sized hammer in the foreground. ;D ;D  And he's even got more hair than I do! :D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

i know they had air tools back then and i can see air lines behind him.  i'm just surprised that he is using a hand screwdriver.  just think of how many reels would have survived if they would have used 308 or 316 stainless steel instead of chromed brass. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: norcal pescador on September 19, 2011, 08:51:30 PM
  And he's even got more hair than I do! :D

Rob, you got looks and knowledge,  c'mon now you can't have everything ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

LOL! ... Hey Rob when did you see my hammer ???  ;D
Sal,
  The grip looks like it, but the part where the handle nut goes looks sharper... not as round, whatcha think ??? Maybe just the old photo?
Dom

alantani

whoa!

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Wow! Photo of the month....thanks Alan.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Wow.  What are those colored stickers for?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

alantani

alantani

more old school.....

alantani

now here is a man with too much time on his hands!

Alto Mare

Alan, I don't think that this one deserves photo of the month, but, I appreciate it. Thank you!
I wish I did have more time in my hands, well maybe not, then my wife would bug me to do things around the house ;D.

Norcal Pescador

Alan, did you see the red fiber washer under the main gear? Maybe Sal should be flogged for not having a C-F washer there. ;D ;) ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

i thought it was actually quite clever.  the work was clean and precise.  it showed an excellent understanding of the problems faced by some of these older reels, and the man came up with a solution!  "better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."