photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

alantani

haven't added a photo here in a long time!!!!

Quote from: basto on April 20, 2020, 01:46:38 AM
This is a pic that Don Walton asked me to show. These guys got lucky and caught these two at 18kg and 20 kg.
I wish these dhu fish also lived on the east coast of Australia.
Don tells me they have very white flesh and are delicious. 
cheers
Greg

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

basto

Thanks for this Alan. Don will be delighted.
Don, that background reminds me of Quobba.
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Donnyboat

Good Greg, Quobba is only 600 mls further North, a lot of Quobba & further north, have red dirt, not all that far from the beach, you can generallly drive on the red dirt as close as 200 M from the beach up that way, then you have to let your tyers down to drive onto the white sand, we have let our tyers down as low as 4 PSI, then use low range second gear with the motor laboring so you dont spin you wheels & rip the teet of the tube.
     Quobba, also have some cliffs, people do a lot of balloon fishing from. spanish mackeral up to 25Kg 55Lbs.
special thanks Alan, for taking an interest in this post, also if you look on google earth type in Carnavon, that is 600 mile North of Perth, after that keep going North, Quobba, Ningaloo reef the Exmouth, exmouth has a hugh big bay exmouth golf, but on the ocean side, the Continental shelf, is very close to shore, thats where most of the bill fish are caught. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Special thank you Alan for taking an interest, in this Picture of these two Western Australian Dhu fish, special thanks to Greg for posting them , cheers Don, stay safe, keep well.
Don, or donnyboat

Cor

Quote from: Donnyboat on April 21, 2020, 01:46:47 AM
Good Greg, Quobba is only 600 mls further North, a lot of Quobba & further north, have red dirt, not all that far from the beach, you can generallly drive on the red dirt as close as 200 M from the beach up that way, then you have to let your tyers down to drive onto the white sand, we have let our tyers down as low as 4 PSI, then use low range second gear with the motor laboring so you dont spin you wheels & rip the teet of the tube.
    Quobba, also have some cliffs, people do a lot of balloon fishing from. spanish mackeral up to 25Kg 55Lbs.
special thanks Alan, for taking an interest in this post, also if you look on google earth type in Carnavon, that is 600 mile North of Perth, after that keep going North, Quobba, Ningaloo reef the Exmouth, exmouth has a hugh big bay exmouth golf, but on the ocean side, the Continental shelf, is very close to shore, thats where most of the bill fish are caught. cheers Don.
I have some amazing memories of that place and I when I saw the pic of the dhu fish I had precicely the same reaction as
basto, but did not say it!

Here is a photo of Quabba that I took in 2011, some of my mates on a (dangerous) platform.

And a Queen fish that we tried very hard not to catch because of the height we fished from they all died and we did not have people to give them to and werent going to cook them.
Cornelis

Donnyboat

Nice photo Cor, Queen fish not all that great to eat, Gee People have been washed of them hi cliffs on a calm day, let alone down were they were, great photo all the same, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mo65

Wow! What a fish...way to go Justin! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

oc1

Yeah dude.  You did good.
-s

redsetta

Thanks Alan - photo of the month!  :D ;D

Cheers lads, much appreciated
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

Great to see you back in action, Justin!  Down but never out!
Beautiful fish and hopefully yummy as well.
Best to you and yours,
Dom

redsetta

Thanks Dom - likewise.
Looking forward to getting over to see ya one day.
I lived in Croton-Harmon for a while back in the '90s - love NY.
Cheers mate
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

foakes

Beautiful trip and fish, Justin --

Thanks for showing us how it's done!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.