bluefin. no details, but.....

Started by alantani, May 04, 2014, 10:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I process all of my fish and have problems with YFY over 150# and in the past have donated them to the boat recommended charities.  I do not "donate" YT, wahoo or if I get any on the upcoming trip BFT.  I will give fish to friends that do not fish and have even been known to give wahoo away.

When we lived in Alaska we ate seafood I harvested 5 + times a week and consumed 45-60 sockeye, 200-300 pounds of halibut, dozens of coho and 5-10 king salmon a year.  We also consumed 6 deer, 2 bear, 2 mountain goat a year and when "lucky" a moose would be split with friends.  We harvested 50 abalone (a individual daily limit) 3 times a year and many rock scallops and clams.  Two or three times a year we would harvest geoduck clams too!

We love fresh seafood.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Aiala

Fisherman's Landing score for the weekend thus far:

Condor returned with 154 Bluefin, 111 Yellowfin and 1 yellowtail for 26 guys on a 2.5 day trip
Prowler returned with 11 Yellowtail and 2 Yellowfin for 29 people on a 1.5 day trip.
Shogun returned with 241 Bluefin, 21 Yellowfin and 4 Yellowtail for 33 people on a 2.5 day trip.

Excelsior!   :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

maxpowers

TopGun 80. 250 BFT ( 30-60 lbs)  50+ YFT 25 anglers.  so on average 500 lbs of fish per anglers and probably 200 + lbs of fish processed..that's some trip..

Big Tim

WOW  ;D ;D ;D All these reports tell me I'm glad I didn't sell a couple of reels I had for my trip on the Intrepid... SLT 30 2 speed and 2 Avet HX 5/2's I hope will bring em' in & the rest for fun. I'm excited. I hope the bite is on for us!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Keta

THE CAST COMES OFF Thursday, I WILL BE PUSHING HARD TO MAKE SURE I CAN MAKE IT!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

You'll make it, you've been through this many times before ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

Quote from: Keta on May 27, 2014, 01:44:57 AM
THE CAST COMES OFF Thursday, I WILL BE PUSHING HARD TO MAKE SURE I CAN MAKE IT!

You cast and I will reel. I am on 22 straight days work and haven't practiced a bit. You take it easy  ;D

alantani

don't worry about casting.  it's like riding a bicycle.  it will come back to you. 

MarkT

Just underhand it into the wind and let it swim away.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

bchen

Keep stretching, Keta!  You get 2 weeks to regain flexibility and strength.

Those bluefin reports...  Good stuff.

alantani

maxpowers

I am going to bookend your trip.  I am on the trip the weekends of the 14-15 and then again the 21-22.  Anyone want to test out the Fin nor Lethal?  I can leave it with you guys on Sunday 6-15 and you can send it back to me after the trip.  You will need a spinning rod though as the cost to ship the rod is expensive.

DanteV

With the early season fishing you guys are gonna kill it big time down there! I might have to jump in on this next year.