bluefin. no details, but.....

Started by alantani, May 04, 2014, 10:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Big Tim

alantani

with good quality sardines, they'd probably be knockin' em' dead!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

maxpowers

pac voyager had 4 pushing 100 lbs and one at 77 and some smaller ones.  Looks like a combination of baits and people still afraid to fish with the big guns and opting for smaller reels.  Same thing happened to Pac Queen.  Hooked up a bunch and landed only 6.

Ron Jones

Hey guys,
I don't go any bigger than a 60# reel. Am I gonna be out gunned? I can't gear up bigger right now.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

maxpowers

Ron,

You will be fine.  When I referred to those insisting on fishing small guns, i meant people fishing reels such as avet sx, sxj, etc..these smaller reels do have the drag capacity but not the line capacity.  Get into a good fish and you could be spooled in a couple of minutes.  I would say when the potential of big'uns are around, nothing less than 500 yards capacity should be used.

alantani

remember, we are going for a boat ride.  the last time i told someone i'd bring them fish, the tire of my boat trailer fell off!   ;D

Ron Jones

Worst comes to worst I'll ride 5 1/2 days on the daily double. I am going fishing!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

Big Tim

DanteV

The Pac Voyager has scored again with fish up to 111 pounds.. the BFT fishing this year has kicked out some real nice fish, hope you guys get on em good!

MarkT

Yeah, I love fishing with Cap'n Mark and Deckie Kyle!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!