New handle arms

Started by Three se7ens, May 09, 2014, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 01, 2014, 05:00:16 AM
This is by no means a precise measurement, but it should do.
With my Mic on inches. Stock Handle.

Perfect.  That's what I measured on the 9/0 handle too.

Ron Jones

Daron,
Please don't take this the wrong way, I am trying to help. The way you took those photos it looks like you were using the "outside" legs of the caliper. To measure what you are measuring you should use the "inside" legs which are the two little knoves on top of the scale. If you moved the caliper (which I'm sure you did) for better viewing then call me an idiot, but if not then you will get a more acurate measurement using the caliper correctly.

Just trying to help
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Point taken Ron. I actually did it both ways, and then locked it down for the photos.
I can take some criticism. After the barium scan crack, I think I can take it. ;D
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: noyb72 on July 01, 2014, 09:37:46 PM
Daron,
Please don't take this the wrong way, I am trying to help. The way you took those photos it looks like you were using the "outside" legs of the caliper. To measure what you are measuring you should use the "inside" legs which are the two little knoves on top of the scale. If you moved the caliper (which I'm sure you did) for better viewing then call me an idiot, but if not then you will get a more acurate measurement using the caliper correctly.

Just trying to help
Ron

I fail to see how using one set of jaws or the other could matter here. There is no hole for the inside jaws to go into to measure. Using the points of either set of jaws or the flat inside will give you the same reading.

Ron Jones

I told you I was an idiot. I thought you were measuring the width of the notch. Sorry.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

No idiots here Ron! ;)
That handle fits like a glove Adam! I like that set screw too! It fits the handle knob better than my Shark Handles.

Please Don't take offense Lee, You will always be my Favorite! :-* There is only one Keta Krank, and I know you are letting your hand heal. Adam made the best out of a bad situation with some miss cut 9/0 arms. We now have Keta Kranks and Adam's Arms! ;D That is a big Chunk of Stainless Steel! :o
Life is Good!

Cone

There is a better way to measure center to center distance using a caliper. It's easier to post a link than type the info.
http://littlemachineshop.com/Instructions/UsingCalipers.pdf     
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

If the holes were the same size, that would have worked. I will remember that though. Some tips there for sure.
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Daron, on the shark handles, I did the hole for the set screw on the Waterjet, but on these, I just laid it out by hand and drilled it.   

I have 7 handles available for the 10/0 and up reels available. The price is the same, at $18 plus shipping.

Just a note:  these handles are long!  When I had mine spooled, the line winder couldn't reach the handle. I had to pull the handle off a 6/0 the store had in the shelf just to get line put on.

I'm out of town this week, but I'll be able to ship out parts next week.

Shark Hunter

I didn't measure the length, but they look about the same as Lee's. These are just what the doctor ordered for winching in Big Fish! ;)
Bump my order up to four more total Adam. Now there is 5 left. ;)
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Adam

What happened to the Stars?

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Three se7ens

Quote from: bluefish69 on July 10, 2014, 02:33:41 AM
Adam

What happened to the Stars?

Mike

I have a few that I just need tap. I was planning on updating the thread this weekend when I get home. These are nice, I got hooked up with some mirror finish .135" thick material on the last order.

ChileRelleno

Hi Adam,
I'll take one of these arms for my new 12/0.
What is the measurement for Alan's kolekar handles, 5/16" ?

PMing shipping info.

Please & Thank You,
John
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Yes John, its  5/16". These need to be smoothed out a bit and polished, but they are Heavy Duty!
I measured the arm and its 4" long from the center of the handle nut to the handle hole. In the above picture of Lee's 3 hole arm in the background. I mounted it using the middle hole and it measures 4 3/16" from the nut to the handle.
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 10, 2014, 04:14:49 AM
Yes John, its  5/16". These need to be smoothed out a bit and polished, but they are Heavy Duty!
I measured the arm and its 4" long from the center of the handle nut to the handle hole. In the above picture of Lee's 3 hole arm in the background. I mounted it using the middle hole and it measures 4 3/16" from the nut to the handle.

Mine are 4 1/8" ctc