????"Sinking Tip" for flyling live bait????

Started by Keta, May 24, 2014, 12:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

When I was young the only way I was allowed to fish was with a fly rod and my grandfather taught me a lot about fish, gear and rigging flylines.  We would use sinking tip line to get our streamers and leach pattern flies down to the large trout that we targeted in the Williamson and Klamath Rivers. Well.....

I have some lead line and some hollow Spectra setting on my bench, I tried feeding the lead line into the Spectra but my cast is in the way.  As soon as I get the cast off I'm going to make up some 20' sections of "leaded" Spectra with L2L ends to test out.  I'll put it between my main line and topshot.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Lee great idea.  I love the thinking on this site.  Live lining for tuna we have to get the fish down before the birds grab them but cannot put too much weight on the line.  When is the cast coming off?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

I'm so glad you are going to be able to fish with us, Lee. I use sinking leaders on fly lines mostly now. I definitely think the lead line has merit.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"