Take your mind off the fishing trip: BBQ oysters, Big Tim Style

Started by Big Tim, May 25, 2014, 03:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

I'm going out of my mind waiting for this fishing trip. Never fished South of California, North of Washington, South of Groton Conn. or North of Groton Conn. either  ;D, But one thing I always enjoyed on either coast was BBQ Oysters. My connection at Save Mart sent the text that $.50 Oysters were in and I have a bag for you... 3 steaks and a bag of Oysters then the Beer isle. Nor Cal for sure. Kingsford Mesquite, appetizers first ... 1 Bag of Oysters $15.00 (30)  ;D ;D ;D rinse well with cold water and scrub the grit..When no lighter fluid smell on the briquettes & hot toss the Oysters on wet & at the first sign of opening of the shell toss on ice ... When done with your shells toss on the steaks ad put the Oysters in the fridge. Pull the cooled shelled delicacies and split in 1/2, save and clean the bottom 1/2 of shell, remove the oyster from it's mooring and set inside the lower shell, rinse with cold water if needed.. Lightly sprinkle chili powder on the subjects, followed with a few spriggs of Cilantro, cracked sea salt, lemon & a couple O dashs' of Tapitio...Anchor Liberty Ale & Enjoy

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

So, I have to admit, I don't think I've ever eaten an oyster. I always thought oysters on half shells were raw and raw fish equals bait.
Anyways, it sounds like you enjoyed it and the beer is great.
But just to get your mind where it needs to be...
TUNA TUNA TUNA!!

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

oysters on half shell, Montauk Baltimore n Boston here I come!

DanteV