last minute stuff!

Started by alantani, June 02, 2014, 08:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

gentlemen, two weeks to go!  the only thing you absolutely have to do for this trip is to be on time and bring a driver's license and a passport.  we can find you a spare toothbrush, maybe even an extra pair of chones!  don't have tackle?  no problem.  but you have to have your driver's license and passport.  

i just pulled out my passport and threw it into my duffle bag.  please do likewise as soon as you can.  remember that this is only a 5 day trip.  three rods, a box of cheap hooks, and maybe some leader material is all you absolutely have to have for fishing.  a few 4, 8 and 12 ounce weights would be nice, two packs of small sabiki's, a half dozen yo-yo irons, cheap $5 side cutters and needle nose pliers in a belt loop holder would be nice.  bring some sunscreen, cheap sunglasses and a cheap hat.  that's it for now.  more to follow!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Okay.  Chonies was a new word for me so I looked it up.  Here is what I found to save you all a lot of trouble.  Dominick

chones

Posted by Grant Barrett on January 11, 2005 · Add Comment

chones n.pl. underwear, especially undershorts or panties. Also chonies, choners. Editorial Note: Despite its proximity to a mention of lingerie, chonies in the 1928 citation is probably a typographical error for chorines. Etymological Note: (Mexican) Spanish slang chones, perhaps from the Mexican Spanish calzones 'underwear' or less probably from the English long johns. The Oxford English Dictionary includes a 1717 first citation for poncho from Frezier's Voyage to the South Sea in which Chony appears; however, it may be unrelated: "The Spaniards have taken up the Use of the Chony, or Poncho...to ride in, because the Poncho keeps out the Rain." (source: Double-Tongued Dictionary)
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

Spoken like a lawyer. ;D ;D
I don't think your reference is listed in compliance with APA or Chicago.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Quote from: noyb72 on June 02, 2014, 10:22:21 PM
Spoken like a lawyer. ;D ;D
I don't think your reference is listed in compliance with APA or Chicago.
Ron
Picky picky.  :D I cut and pasted it.  Besides I do that only when I have to.  ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

DaBigOno

Please bring your camera to share some pics for the unfortunate ones like me
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

conchydong

Quote from: Dabigono on June 02, 2014, 10:53:42 PM
Please bring your camera to share some pics for the unfortunate ones like me

Pictures of the fish(ing) I hope and not pictures of the chones!

Big Tim

Quote from: Dominick on June 02, 2014, 10:15:03 PM
Okay.  Chonies was a new word for me so I looked it up.  Here is what I found to save you all a lot of trouble.  Dominick

chones

Posted by Grant Barrett on January 11, 2005 · Add Comment

chones n.pl. underwear, especially undershorts or panties. Also chonies, choners. Editorial Note: Despite its proximity to a mention of lingerie, chonies in the 1928 citation is probably a typographical error for chorines. Etymological Note: (Mexican) Spanish slang chones, perhaps from the Mexican Spanish calzones 'underwear' or less probably from the English long johns. The Oxford English Dictionary includes a 1717 first citation for poncho from Frezier's Voyage to the South Sea in which Chony appears; however, it may be unrelated: "The Spaniards have taken up the Use of the Chony, or Poncho...to ride in, because the Poncho keeps out the Rain." (source: Double-Tongued Dictionary)

Dom: You must go Commando if you don't know what chonies are  ;D ;D ;D Oh wait, do you know what going Commando means?  ;D ;D ;D

alantani

sorry, no commando fishing on this boat.  everyone wears underwear!    ;D

alantani

i'll be staying at the vagabond inn on scott street.  remember, dinner at miguel's cocina at 7pm, meet in the bar at 6pm.  i will need a head count later. 

Keta

Quote from: alantani on June 03, 2014, 01:35:44 AM

Darn!!!!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

maxpowers

Don't forget a few cast-a-bubbles just in case all you have are anchovies.

alantani

we should have good quality sardines.  the bait receivers often hold back the best baits for the long range boats. 

MarkT

Quote from: alantani on June 03, 2014, 01:35:44 AM

You planning on checking?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

hadn't thought it through that far........

johndtuttle