HELP WITH MY REEL

Started by TimLynne, October 01, 2009, 02:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimLynne

hi everyone.
this is my first post on this site. :)
Just recently my Pfluegur Medalist has been making a grinding noise when i wind it. >:(
This is my favourite reel and reeally wanted so facts/Info/Tips on fixing this problem.

Thanks Tim

alantani

tim, i'm not much on fly reels.  i've had a couple of guys bring over heavier reels that they use for tarpon.  these got carbon fiber drag washers and actually came out great.  don't know about these.  never worked on one before. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

TimLynne

Quote from: alantani on October 05, 2009, 08:11:53 AM
tim, i'm not much on fly reels.  i've had a couple of guys bring over heavier reels that they use for tarpon.  these got carbon fiber drag washers and actually came out great.  don't know about these.  never worked on one before. 

Thanks for the reply Alan.

Ummm not sure what you ment but this is actually just a small spinning reel similair to the shimanos.
If this is what you ment how would I go by getting some carbon fibre washers and installing them.?????

Thanks Heaps Tim

alantani

oops, sorry.  i was thinking of the fly reel. 

top drag spinners are generally easy.  the drag washers in the spool pop right out.  replace them with a greased penn drag washer.  if you can measure them out, you can match them up with a washer from this list.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=21.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!