first builds

Started by otownjoe, June 18, 2014, 04:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otownjoe

When i first started internet fishing a few years ago i found  this site.that led to the the discovery of long range fishing.i caught the bug bad.i booked my first 8 day on the rooster a year in advance.i then procceded to gather enough gear for 2 people.this included building my first 10 rods with help from a friend.i made many mistakes and since i built them all in a very short time period i made the same mistakes on all of them.i hope to fix those mistakes with the help of the online community before my next trip on the intrepid in aug.this is one of my favorite build that i did.i hope to redo it without screwing up the hydro graphics.

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

sundaytrucka

Looks good to me! It is only a mistake if you cannot fish with it, otherwise look at it as going to be better the next time...plus the pride of hooking up on a rod you built, great feeling!!!
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

doradoben

Interesting photos, Joe. I'm guessing this is a wahoo rod. The finish looks like fossils. Can you share how it was done?

otownjoe

The rod is a spiral wrapped calstar 610 with a progear 650.  The pattern on the rod is a black on black fishbone pattern.this was done by hydro transfer process.you can choose any color you want for the backround color.a lighter color would highlight the pattern more.the epoxy on the guides is failing so i will have to redo it.the good part is since the epoxy isnt good it does come off easy.  Joe