Ulua Junkies

Started by Tightlines667, June 21, 2014, 07:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

http://www.uluajunkies.com/index.html

Came across this site and thought I'd share.   Looks like a great resource for Stock and aftermarket Newell parts.  Not sure if they ship to the mainland.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

bluefish69

The site has been posted on fishingunited.com a month ago.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

eguinn

I'll let you all know about my last experience with Ulua Junkies. I ordered a couple of their new style modified Shimano handles for Newell reels, 300 series. They showed up about 2 weeks after I ordered them, very slow service & shipping if you ask me. When they arrived the double D shaped slot where they mount on the spool sleeve looked like it had been Knawed Out by Rats with stainless steel teeth. They sure as hell where not machined, it looked like somebody used a Dremal with god only knows what kind of bit & didn't know how to use it to grind out the double D shaped opening for the Newell gear sleeve. It was .030 oversized on all dimensions & spun 90 degrees on the Newell gears sleeve even when tightened down as tight as I could get it. I sent it back & demanded that they refund my money & shipping charges because of such a piss poor quality product that they sold me, also I had to pay return shipping on this item. They did finally refund my money after about 2 weeks later. Once again poor customer service. To say that I will not buy any of their products again or in the future is a understatement. I know of 2 other people who have had problems with their products. Just so we all understand I'm not trying to offend anybody on here because I know that some of the people on here have used their products & may have had good results. Like I said I'm just letting people know from my experience dealing with them. Ed

bigggfish

I have had the complete opposite experience with Ulua Junkies.  I have bought a lot from them.  Every order was perfect, the products excellent and they shipped them FAST!!

Tightlines667

I chalk it up to the distict possibility that this is a small outfit, and sometimes they can get a bit overwhelmed.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Yogi_fish808

Uluajunkies is a 1 man operation. Lou from my experience is a stand-up guy and wouldn't do something purposely half-####. I ordered a clicker tongue from him that accidentally got re-routed to the wrong location and he expedited another to me free of charge. Being that we all get busy with our obligations outside of fishing related stuff, he may have been overwhelmed with orders at that time? Regardless I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Newell Nut

I bought one of their handles as well. It fit okay but obvious to me that they put it in a drill press and punched it twice. Since then I buy my own from Shimano and use my Dremel with a carbide cutter to do a custom fit for my needs. If you look closely at the picture in their ad you can see the drilled holes to make a slot. I don't knock them really. They have some good parts.

Bryan Young

Ulua Junkies are no longer in business.  Lou has decided that family is more important and I would have to agree and support his decision.  Therefore, this thread is being locked.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D