alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial SOA Charter: What do you get?
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
September 16, 2019, 08:41:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOA Charter: What do you get?  (Read 19214 times)
Shark Hunter

The Rogue of the Seven Seas!

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 04:04:37 PM »

Say What?
Nobody used the Tank? Shocked Oh, The Humanity! They missed out on a sweet little powerhouse of a reel. Roll Eyes
That's all I have to say about that. Tongue

Life is Good!
Big Tim
Photo Group

Space Herring "Commander of the Sun"

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2014, 04:28:54 PM »

Oh that sucks, I thought Alan left it! As it turned out, I used it's older brother, a Newell YTS with 4:1 Pro Gears and all sorts of stainless stuff from here. Loved it. If anyone thinks a model 27 Monofil built to the hilt with a Tib frae is silly, they haven't caught a YT with one, I loved it.

Ron

Ron: You rocked that little reel  Grin But I think my favorite moment of the trip is when you pulled up your boot straps and no matter how bad you were feeling you caught that Ray  Grin Grin Grin That sucker dragging you side to side on the back of the boat was a blast to watch!!! If I remember correctly that reel you used was one you built? You kept trying to hand it off but we all just said no and cheered you on  Grin I am glad we all have someone like you protecting us. Thank you.
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 05:17:09 PM »

it was out and i think everyone knew.  most guys had smaller reels. 
That would have been my choice if I was there, maybe next time. Undecided

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2014, 05:26:35 PM »

Say What?
Nobody used the Tank? Shocked Oh, The Humanity! They missed out on a sweet little powerhouse of a reel. Roll Eyes
That's all I have to say about that. Tongue

I used mine.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Porthos

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2014, 06:31:01 PM »

...If anyone thinks a model 27 Monofil built to the hilt with a Tib frae is silly, they haven't caught a YT with one, I loved it.

Ron
That 27 was my way of avoiding an Avet SX...wanted to NOT go with the "herd" and still be "made in the U.S.A." Glad you enjoyed using it! Your YT means that it brought in a total of THREE YT.  Grin  It's a success!

Opened up the right side yesterday and inspected the 13-200 pinion...there was no observable wear from when I installed it. It's ready to go for the 2015 Alan Tani Charter!!!  Wink

Look forward to see the pics from your 27 build.
Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2014, 08:41:46 AM »

nice report Tim! hope to see you at the June AT.com 2015 SOA Trip. btw thanks buddy!
Big Tim
Photo Group

Space Herring "Commander of the Sun"

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 02:35:04 PM »

...If anyone thinks a model 27 Monofil built to the hilt with a Tib frae is silly, they haven't caught a YT with one, I loved it.

Ron
That 27 was my way of avoiding an Avet SX...wanted to NOT go with the "herd" and still be "made in the U.S.A." Glad you enjoyed using it! Your YT means that it brought in a total of THREE YT.  Grin  It's a success!

Opened up the right side yesterday and inspected the 13-200 pinion...there was no observable wear from when I installed it. It's ready to go for the 2015 Alan Tani Charter!!!  Wink

Look forward to see the pics from your 27 build.

Wai to go on that reel my new friend...And by the way...Nice drink after the tag team yellow  Grin Grin Grin
Porthos

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 04:41:17 PM »

Wai to go on that reel my new friend...And by the way...Nice drink after the tag team yellow  Grin Grin Grin

May bring another one or something better on the next trip.
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 04:46:33 PM »

If you just bring yourself it will make the trip better, I enjoyed fishing and chanting with you even if you were always Wong.  The same can be said of everyone on the trip.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »

If you just bring yourself it will make the trip better, I enjoyed fishing and chanting with you even if you were always Wong.  The same can be said of everyone on the trip.
Yeah, pretty cool Lee  I heard you chanting "get the gaff, get the gaff."  Way to go.  You can use that chant during your yoga classes.   Cheesy Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Ron Jones
Firearms Group

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2014, 10:48:01 PM »

Ron: You rocked that little reel  Grin But I think my favorite moment of the trip is when you pulled up your boot straps and no matter how bad you were feeling you caught that Ray  Grin Grin Grin That sucker dragging you side to side on the back of the boat was a blast to watch!!! If I remember correctly that reel you used was one you built? You kept trying to hand it off but we all just said no and cheered you on  Grin I am glad we all have someone like you protecting us. Thank you.

You mean this Ray:
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s660/noyb72/SOA/IMG_0481_zps5dc1ab56.jpg

That was a lot of fun. Especially when it came back after I thought I lost it. The reel was my Tuna Special w/60 on it.
Thank you all for the opportunity to serve.
Ron

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2014, 06:34:50 AM »

chief, can i put your photos up?

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2014, 08:24:23 AM »

chief, nice! thanks for sharing... Smiley
Ron Jones
Firearms Group

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2014, 09:58:36 AM »

Of course, Alan.
Thanks
Ron

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"
terraformer

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2014, 11:17:27 AM »

Thank you Alan for this unforgettable trip!  Couldn't have gone out with a better group of guys.  No anger, everyone calm and cool even while lines getting tangled, everyone using toilet seats properly  Smiley

Big Tim!  You got a heart of gold.  I still owe you one!  Here is your sunset photo!

* P1010915.JPG (6276.5 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 377 times.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: