SOA Charter: What do you get?

Started by Big Tim, June 22, 2014, 01:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

What do you get when you take 26 people from all walks of life, different nationalities, different cultures, countries, and financial status & what ever else differences you can think of? Stick them in a tin can on the ocean for 5 days with a crew of people you don't know on top of it? With only a couple of known interests? ... You get OHANA...Family ;D You could not have picked a more diverse selection of human beings to be in one place at the same time no mater how hard you tried and have it come together so well, so respectful,with so much dignity  & respect for each other, and some how Alan T. pulled it off. Somehow I m speechless...And everyone on the SOA trip will tell you that I am not speechless. Thank you Alan...Today I feel very blessed

Big Tim

LEE & his biscuit

Evan holding Alan's fish...Alan said he couldn't lift it ;D

Jack hooked up

Mel

Lee & Kevin

Warren

Jim, Ed & Alan

(standing, left to right) Mark, Kevin, Terry, Keith (hands on thighs), Mel, Rob, Joel, Alan, Ed, Jim, Wes

(kneeling, left to right) Gary, Wai

MarkT

Yep, there are no strangers on the boats, just friends I haven't met yet.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

erikpowell

Great report!  What an awesome trip...can't wait to read and see more..
meantime I had to jump in quick to say:
Alan has a SPINNING REEL in his hands !!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Big Tim

Quote from: erikpowell on June 22, 2014, 01:41:05 AM
Great report!  What an awesome trip...can't wait to read and see more..
meantime I had to jump in quick to say:
Alan has a SPINNING REEL in his hands !!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Not only did he get the bass, but he got a 40#  +/- Grouper on the same reel with a megabait lure...We killed them with megabaits that Alan gave us!!!

ChileRelleno

OH yeah...  Jealousy is a horrible thing  ::)  LOL!
Y'all are killing me with this awesome report and great pics.
Yes, we want more, more, more.
Man, how I miss the West Coast Yellowtails & Whites, fishing the kelpbeds mae living in SoCal bearable.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cone

It looks like a great trip! The picture of Alan with a spinner is one for the record. Too bad it isn't a Penn. Next time I will see that he has a proper spinner! Sal will not be pleased!  ;D ;D ;D I can't wait to see more.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

floating doc

This was the First Annual SOA Alan Tani Charter, right?

Great photos! Looking forward to more photos and new of the trip.
Central Florida

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Nice fish and one heck of a knowledgable crew! Have fun practicing with those lil' guys ;)... can't wait to see the monsters you'll be showing us.
Safe travels,
Dom

ChileRelleno

Schweet Video, I like it without an annoying sountrack.  
That looks like pretty good time being had there.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Alto Mare

Very exciting to watch, thanks for taking the video Alan. Oh how I wish I was there :(.
This is way better than a good movie ;), I hope you got some more.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

SoCalAngler

Man I need to get back onto the SOA. Looks like both Mike and Brian are on the trip, saw Mike (owner/operator) sneek by in the video.

alantani

funny as hell.  tim and i went to the same high school, just years apart!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

LTM

Big Tim,

Thanx for getting these pictures up as soon as you did. I know you guys were tired after getting home so thanx again. Alan, thanx for the video and I finally heard some voices of the people that we communicate with in this virtual "shop" on a regular basis with. Alan I nominate the picture of you with the Accurate spinner as PICTURE OF THE MONTH! Cant wait to see more (especially of ALL the tackle). This should be a fond memory to last a lifetime. IM DEFINITELY LIVING THROUGH YOU GUYS TRIP, since I didnt go. Im glad everyone returned safe and sound. BTW, I couldnt help but notice that some of you were wearing your "Sunday go to meeting" fishing clothes (ie Columbia PFG), If I had gone I would have had mine as well. ;D

MORE PICTURES PLEASE,

Leo

SoCalAngler

Sorry I forgot to say nice biscuit there Alan.