Good trip +

Started by Keta, June 23, 2014, 12:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I made it home just before 16:00 after a thankfully uneventful drive but I came home to live skunks, a dead ewe, new chicks and a garden full of weeds.

When I headed south I was bit concerned about fishing a smaller boat with as many people as we had, I've always been on bigger boats with 23 people.  WELL.... there were few tangles, always room on the rail and we all had a good time.  A big thanks to Dominic (his wife) and Alan for letting me break up the long drive.

I hope all had as much fun on the trip as I did!!!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

ChileRelleno

A dead ewe?...  Any idea of what she died of?
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Keta

Sounds like polioecephalomalacia.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

ChileRelleno

I had to Google that... Interesting.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

johndtuttle

Glad you got home safe and had a nice trip Lee!  :)

Sorry to hear about your Ewe and other critter troubles.

bluefish69

I'm glad you're home safe & sound. You knew the weeds would grow but the rest I feel bad for his. At least your freezer is full of fish.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Big Tim

I'm just glad you got home without hitting something else! You the man "Train wreck" ;D ;D ;D

Ron Jones

Take care of that hand, brother. I expect to see you on the trip in 2 years. I'm sorry about the livestock loss, that is always hard. I know your wife really cares for them, tell her we're prayin for all of you.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Thanks Ron, your family are nice. 

Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Uneventful trips while driving is a great thing.  Glad you made it back home safe and sound.  So sad that I was not able to meet up with anyone, but I know there will be a day when we can hook up again.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

glad you got home safely.  it's ALOT of driving.  we will plan on april at your place (sounds like several want to go) and then back down in june again.  i am thinking of an inshore trip, back and forth to cedros, with an option of offshore for tuna if they are on the munch. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Lee me too glad for you... :)

floating doc

Lee, I loved watching you hammering the YT in the video. I'm sorry I wasn't there. Glad you had a great trip and I hope someday to be on the rail with you.
Central Florida