340/345 gti

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 04:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natch! and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

beancounter

Quote from: alantani on December 28, 2018, 05:03:16 PM
i would not have a great deal of confidence in them. too many soft parts to wiggle loose.   :-\
I agree with this about the 340 and 345 low profile made in the USA. Looks like the Chinese produced versions have a full cage frame that appears much stronger.I have only seen the Chinese version in photos. Does anyone have any experience with the Chinese version? Hate to think made in China could be better but it looks like it to me from the pictures.

Ron Jones

I am a huge fan of the new, Chinese 66 stand. SS and very well machined. QA is still Penn and technology keeps marching on.
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

beancounter

Ron why do you call it a 66 ?

drlfc

I recently replaced clicker pins, pawl, springs and button. Greased it all up and reassembled. After one day of light use the clicker button seems loose and the clicker noise is muffled. If I hold the clicker button in place the clicker sounds strong again. What do I need to do to rectify this problem?

alantani

Quote from: drlfc on August 21, 2022, 11:16:18 AMI recently replaced clicker pins, pawl, springs and button. Greased it all up and reassembled. After one day of light use the clicker button seems loose and the clicker noise is muffled. If I hold the clicker button in place the clicker sounds strong again. What do I need to do to rectify this problem?

not enough downward pressure, which is going to be of zero help to you right now.  it's likely that any one of several parts are worn and need to be replaced.  it's not my favorite design..... :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

drlfc

Ok...go on. Which "several parts" are you thinking. I have a several of these reels all with the same problem.

alantani

start by checking the click tongue for wear.

drlfc

I replaced the clicker tongue as well. Sorry, I left that replaced part off my initial post. What's next?

alantani

this should be your clicker assembly.

it's possible that you need new springs, key #62A.  i've just never seen that as a problem.  the click wheel on the left side of the spool never gets worn out because it's metal.  here is the schematic for the gt2.

https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/340gt.pdf

the gt2 is the same.

http://www.scottsbt.com/catalog/store/images/pennparts/schematics/340gt2.pdf

i'm wondering if you are looking for more noise than is intended.  is it that quiet?  it might actually be possible to place two springs on each side to increase the tension.  just not sure if there is rook for two springs.

ez2cdave

If anyone need a spool for a 345GTI, I have a pristine one for $25.00, plus shipping.

They are $42.00 at Mystic Reel Parts  https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/29L-345.aspx

My email address is Ez2cDave@aol.com

Tight Lines !

Dave F.