Sabkis

Started by Keta, July 01, 2014, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Does anyone know the brand and model of the 6 hook sabikis with the gold tinsel that some of us used on the trip?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

DanteV

You guys had to make bait eh? Almost a sport in itself! Last time we did and it was squid. I heard of some other boats recommending one or two in your tackle bag..

Keta

I have as much fun making bait as using it.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

You bet, 6 1 pound mackerel running in different directions at the same time is a handful. Getting them all in the tank is the challenge. I did 3 in a row o the bow, 18 maks in about 1 minute.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

SoCalAngler

Not sure what you guys used but Owner has Gold Hair sabiki's, gold with some tinsel strips.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Keta on July 01, 2014, 10:19:25 PM
Does anyone know the brand and model of the 6 hook sabikis with the gold tinsel that some of us used on the trip?

Lee,
I have several brands. I used the Hayabusa #502E and Owner 5525-075. I also have Chaeil B-6G and B-6GR. All are good. I tried bigger ones but didn't catch anything.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on July 02, 2014, 05:05:35 AMI tried bigger ones but didn't catch anything.

Me too, they wanted smaller "baits".  I think I had one of yours that was working.

Mark Twain

Ron Jones

I used size 6 hooks the whole time with no problems.
Ronald
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Porthos

The $1.20 size 4 "Sanhu" (which I think are actually more generic than branded ) from Squidco were pulling 'em in up to 5 at time on some drops.

Was at Wally world  yesterday and saw the Owner ones going for over $4/ea which immediately raised the question of "WHY?"

Keta

What pound test was the line on the "Sanhu" sabikis?  Does Squidco do on line purchases or mail orders?

Mark Twain

Porthos

Quote from: Keta on July 02, 2014, 02:14:01 PM
What pound test was the line on the "Sanhu" sabikis?  Does Squidco do on line purchases or mail orders?

30lb. They have a shopping cart link on their website. What to you need? I'm probably making a run down there today.

Update: the ones they have on their website are not the ones in the store. I picked up a 2, 4, 6, and 8 for you.

PM me your address.

Keta

Thanks, send a bill with them.

Mark Twain