Quantum Energy/line pile up

Started by surecatchbilly, August 19, 2010, 07:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surecatchbilly

What would cause the line to pile up unevenly?More towards the back of the spool.

alantani

if this is the correct reel, it might be because the spool is spaced too low on the spool shaft.  it you raise it up a bit with a small washer (or two) under the spool, you might be able to get the line to lay a little flatter and not bunch up at the bottom.  alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BigT

G'day Billy,

ummm... if the line is piling up towards the back (bottom) of the spool, the spool is probably too high on the shaft (sorry, Alan)... so removing spacer washers is probably the way to go.

I'm not familiar with that particular reel but most modern spin reels come with 2 or 3 spool-spacer washers under the spool and often a couple of spares in the box. This pic is from a Shimano Stradic... there a 3 thin washers on the shaft... adding more lifts the spool up meaning that the line load will end up lower on the spool... taking washers out will shift the line load towards the top (front) of the spool.

A small adjustment usually makes quite a noticeable difference. To readjust your line, you'll need to strip off all or at least a lot of the line (just reeling it onto another reel temporarily is easy), then adjust your washers, then wind the line back on. If the shape & position of the line load hasn't changed then there might be another problem but it should work.

Cheers, T
more of my rebuilds on
http://www.fishraider.com.au

surecatchbilly

Thanks for your input fellows I'll let you know how I fared.
  I pulled the one washer and that seemed to do the trick.
                    Thanks again,Billy

alantani

oops, you're right.  had it backwards. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!