Daiwa Certate Line Roller Bearing Removal

Started by mbg60, August 21, 2010, 08:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbg60

Aloha.  My first post here and hope someone can help me.  On my Daiwa Certate 4000 I'm trying to replace the line roller bearing but there is a retainer clip (wire) holding the bearing in the line roller. I have been unable to remove the clip. I have tried both a dental pick and the blade of a used scalpel to remove this clip. Any suggestions? I have already purchased extra rollers, bearings, and retainer clips. Mahalo for any advice.

BigT

G'day mbg60,

I've done a couple of TD Sol spinners that are built the same way in regards to the line roller. I don't think there is a clip (maybe it's different with the new model???).  From memory, I thought there was a clip too (it looked like it at first) but the bearing might need to be accessed from the other side of the line roller and should just push out... It's been a while since I last opened one up though so I might be a bit hazy but check that it's not something obvious like that??

Cheers, BigT
more of my rebuilds on
http://www.fishraider.com.au

try to fish

yes,there's definitely another clip that retain the bearing inside the roller.basically what you use to remove the bearing shields should do the job here as well.another thing is to packed the roller bearing full of grease to prevent future problems.

dylan

Maybe you can grab a hold of it w/ a small really pair of needle nose pliers? 
A picture goes a long way here (not that I've figured out how to post on this board yet!). 
Good luck.