Daiwa 910 rockcod special

Started by ernies-fishing, August 17, 2014, 12:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ernies-fishing

Does anyone know where I can ger a handle screw for the 910 Rockcod special  I believe #B53-033

handi2

Your best bet is to go to the hardware store and get the metric screw needed. You may have to sand down the head..
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ernies-fishing

Thanks I have contacted Daiwa, Mike's, Dave's to no avail.  This is a reverse thread  screw.  Seems pretty specialized.  I think I may need to find the exact one?  Anyone?

alantani

ernies-fishing

Nope,  They no longer carry the part.  I checked with all the big on line folks as well.  Can't seem to be able to find one anywhere.  Seems I may have to junk the reel??   Thanks

johndtuttle

Have you tried Ebay for a parts reel?

ernies-fishing

Yep   That is where I looked first!

day0ne

I show the part # to be B53-3301, which may be part of the problem. The cost shows to be $1.02. Try southwesternparts.com. The sea line part #'s seem to be in the format xxx-xxxx, not xxx-xxx.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

alantani

an alternative would be to convert it to a 900h.  you will need to check the schematics.  a new bridge will be required. 

Three se7ens

Www.mcmaster.com sells left hand thread screws, you should be able to find what you need there.  If you need help identifying the thread, PM me.

Shark Hunter

McMaster Carr is a supply house like no other. I recently ran out of shims I could scrounge up out of the garage. I placed my order for two packs of 10. These guys have the goods! ;)
Life is Good!