ordering parts from alantani.com (updated january 2015)

Started by alantani, December 11, 2008, 06:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jklein

Hey Alan, I have a newer torium 20 and want to know all the recommendations for necessary upgrades to this reel. I use it on a 5' pen torque jig rod for jigging in the gom out of Venice, la. Lots of big amberjack, snapper, grouper, blackfin, and schooly yellowfin. This is my first conventional jigging setup and hope it can last me a couple seasons till I can upgrade to something beefier. I have 2 Saragossa 180000's on trevalas for spin jig setup that work well for the tough aj's etc but am becoming more partial to conventional jigging. This torium has held up well this winter but want to upgrade before I get into something too big and destroy it! Any help is greatly appreciated!

fishhead69

Hi Alan,
         I am looking for bearing cups for Accurate sideplates for the Penn Squidder. They are just like the Newell bearing cups except the threads are not as long but they appear to be the same thread size. Let me know if you have anything that will work.

Thanks Paul

alantani

sorry, no. i wish i had a hundred.  these will be nearly impossible to find.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

stxsalt

i have a shakespeare gx235 reel used about 4-5 times and would like to keep as a spare.  broke main brass gear as nut was stuck and twisted off.  how can I get a new part

alantani

Quote from: stxsalt on August 31, 2014, 03:41:14 PM
i have a shakespeare gx235 reel used about 4-5 times and would like to keep as a spare.  broke main brass gear as nut was stuck and twisted off.  how can I get a new part

these guys.....   

QuoteReel Service & Warranty

Shakespeare® warrants to the original purchaser that its rods are free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. Shakespeare® is not responsible for normal wear and tear, nor failures caused by accidents, abuse, alteration, modification, misuse or improper care.

We would like to help you maintain your Shakespeare® reel so that you may continue to fish with confidence. If you have an issue with your reel that requires service we suggest that you send it to one of our Shakespeare® Factory Service Centers for evaluation by a trained technician.

In the U.S.

Shakespeare® Customer Service
1900 18th Street
Spirit Lake, IA 51360
(800) 466-5643

In Canada

Mike's Tackle Repair
#108-31060 Peardonville Rd.
Abbotsford, BC V2T 6K5
(604) 855-1119

Rockey's Tackle Repair
10 Brammer Drive
Orilla, ON L3V 7T4
(705) 325-3526

To help us best service your reel, please print out and complete a Reel Repair/Replacement Form. Include the completed form, plus a check or money order payable to Pure Fishing for $6.75 handling and return shipping with your reel when you send it in for repair. If you are requesting repair under warranty, please also send a copy of your dated receipt. Package your reel carefully to avoid damage. We suggest sending your reel via UPS, FedEx or insured mail and recording your tracking number.

alantani

DesertCatRat

Hi Alan ,
Working on tld s15/30, got bearing ,carbontex from dawn, I also got one of her handle blanks, it is swept design, would your shimano  knob fit? Not the t type, or any suggestions,  Also, is there a better bearing cap , rt side?

Here is handle blank I got
Brian

alantani

looks good!  for the most part, leave the tld star as is.  you've done the drags and bearings.  after that, it's just the handle.  go with what ever fits!

DesertCatRat

Do you still have the shimano rubber knob?

Also interested in bearing packer set, but not the needle adapter

Let me know , thanks
Brian

alantani

yes, but it will only work if you have a post (aka spindle).  if you just have the bare arm, it will not work. 

ohfishalee

Hi Alan

I am looking for a drag  lever quadrant and quadrant supports for a Beastmaster 4/0 2 speed. Mine is bent and I want to get a replacement.

alantani

yeah, that i would not have.  the only thing you can do is to carefully tap your old one back into position.     :-\