eva foam

Started by Topshot, September 17, 2014, 02:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topshot

Does anybody know a source for custom eva foam. I've been looking at mudhole and all the other rod supply sources and can't find what I'm looking for
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

bluefish69

Topshot

Try this guy. He has made Grips for me. His name is Billy Vivona.

xlrods@yahoo.com

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

Billy makes killer custom EVA grips  He just knows how to glue up designs before they are formed.  He is extremely creative.  I so wish I had his talent.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mikeg24thst

Billy is on fb he's got some awesome looking grips and also has books on rod wrapping

the rockfish ninja

"what I'm looking for"

I think that is the key question, You can have someone make what you envision, that Alibaba site has some wild import stuff from overseas, and you can get adventurous by making your own. There are a few vids on youtube about it where some guys glue together different colors, make designs,etc. Then with a makeshift lathe using a drill they shape it and sand it, looks pretty easy to me, EVA is soft and should be a breeze to work with. I'd wear a mask though. ;)
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

the rockfish ninja

;)
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

bluefish69

Quote from: mikeg24thst on September 18, 2014, 01:24:25 AM
Billy is on fb he's got some awesome looking grips and also has books on rod wrapping

My Grips should be on the first few pages.  Crossed Ridgid Pipe Wrenches is it.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.