two piece will not come apart any suggestions ?

Started by Redfish King, October 09, 2014, 02:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Marcq on October 10, 2014, 12:52:43 AM
Quote from: Jon Vadney on October 10, 2014, 12:46:20 AM
Quote from: Bucktail on October 10, 2014, 12:26:01 AM
wrap the ferrule in some ice for 10 minutes then try it.

This is what I do, but I put the ice on the male end of the rod only.  In fishing rods, like people, Ice will make the male end shrink and you should be able to remove it.  :)

It reminds me of a Seinfeld episode, It shrinks!!??  ;D

Marc..
Dude...that is my 2nd favorite all time Seinfeld episode.  The chicken shack one is still #1 in my book though. 

Quote from: Redfish King on October 10, 2014, 01:08:00 AM
I got it !!!!!! I googled stuck rod and found  The Four Handed Twist and pull Technique. One of your hands on either side of the ferrule and your partners hands the same then twist in opposite directions and lean back against one another presto it worked. Im super happy.Thanks for the advice about oil causing air lock Bryan.And yes it was graphite to graphite ferrules.Thanks everyone some great ideas.This connection has some real issues I will try the furniture polish first then maybe a heavier wax then maybe some sanding. I will keep posting on this connection from hell it is a good example of as bad as it can get.

That's awesome!  I'm glad you got it separated.  They can be a bugger sometimes....

Bucktail

Never  jam them together straight on.  Always twist them into place.  It will make it easier to take apart.
Just a jig-a-lo

kenwahoo

I'm not a big fan of using non proprietary products on something like a ferrule. Once you put something on that you don't like it's damn difficult to be sure you have removed it completely. Not saying they won't work. I use Ferrule Lube which was a U40 product but only avail now under Renzetti. works great. One bottle will last you years if not your lifetime. It doesnt cost much

the rockfish ninja

Candle wax, I swear by it. Just keep the connection areas clean and a thin coat of candle wax will keep them from sticking too much, been using it since the 1980's.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.