DISCONTINUED Daiwa Sealine 600H 5+1 Drag Kit - $28 shipped in USA

Started by Bryan Young, October 27, 2014, 01:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Remember my original drag washer kit for the Daiwa Sealine 600H?

As you recall, these new drags deliver a smooth 25#'s of drag easily with a max of 35#-37#.  Beats the stock drags delivering a sticky 15-20#'s of drag.

I just received an older 600H and this is what I had found.

If you noticed, the older reel's gear has a center lip in the main gear like man of the Sealine Series reels.

If you still could not see it, I've installed carbon fiber drag washers to help you see the difference.

Therefore, my new kit will have one of the carbon fiber drag washers where the inside diameter enlarged to accommodate the older 600H reels.  This will not affect the drag range of these reels one bit.

As many have told me, why not do a tutorial to grind the center lip, and I shared that I didn't want to do this because there may be fisherman/woman out there that may not have access to grinding tool and therefore I wanted my kits to be drop in kits.  So here's the new kit.

It contains the following:

1 - Under-gear dimensionally modified Penn HT-100 carbon fiber drag washer
    1 - First in-gear dimensionally modified Penn HT-100 carbon fiber drag washer (ID enlarged as explained above)
    4 - In-gear Penn HT-100 carbon fiber drag washer
    2 - Thin, hard stainless steel keyed metal washers
    1 - Thin, hard stainless steel eared metal washers

Like the original kit, you will still need to use one eared and one keyed washer from the original drag stack.

The cost of the new drag kit is $28 shipped in the USA.  International orders will incur actual shipping charges.

Please PM me here or send me an email to Ultimate.Upgrade@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nojiri

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for letting us know.  I just Sent you a PM.

Nojiri

Bryan Young

Quote from: Nojiri on November 04, 2014, 01:58:06 AM
Hi Bryan,

Nojiri
Aloha Nojiri,

I responded to your PM. 

Mahalo,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fsrmn

I got the drag kit installed...almost ??? My friend, who I ordered the 2nd kit for, used the original thin keyed washer last and is happy with the drag performance. I used the thick keyed washer and it seems to work as well? Also... My 3 yr old granddaughter was helping me and mixed up the 3 tension washers  :-\ so I'm not sure if I got them in right. 2 thin, 1 thick. Cup in on the 1st thin one against the thick eared one, then cup out on the second thin one, then cup in on the thick one against the collar. At least it seems to work that way :-\. The kit works great! Tied the line to my Schnauzer's collar and threw a dog treat and stopped her mid leap :o Can't wait to try it out on a big fish.
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Shark Hunter

Very Nice Bryan! Way to adapt and make a plug and play drag kit. ;)
I'll take a set for my 600. You can throw in those 114H ss sleeves as well.
Thanks
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Quote from: fsrmn on November 08, 2014, 02:49:27 AM
I got the drag kit installed...almost ??? My friend, who I ordered the 2nd kit for, used the original thin keyed washer last and is happy with the drag performance. I used the thick keyed washer and it seems to work as well? Also... My 3 yr old granddaughter was helping me and mixed up the 3 tension washers  :-\ so I'm not sure if I got them in right. 2 thin, 1 thick. Cup in on the 1st thin one against the thick eared one, then cup out on the second thin one, then cup in on the thick one against the collar. At least it seems to work that way :-\. The kit works great! Tied the line to my Schnauzer's collar and threw a dog treat and stopped her mid leap :o Can't wait to try it out on a big fish.

The order should be fine.  I chose the order to best fit the main gear.

alantani

Quote from: Nojiri on November 04, 2014, 01:58:06 AM
Hi Bryan,

Nojiri

welcome!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Yes,
A Big Welcome to you Nojiri! ;D
Enjoy your stay Buddy! ;)
Life is Good!

js1172

Got my kits, thanks bryan, will install them when I service my reels after deer/bear  season during the long, slow, dragged out winter months of Jan./Feb.
js
Our houses are protected by the good lord and a gun, ya might meet them both if ya show up here not welcome son
way out here/Josh Thompson

Bryan Young

Nojiri

Quote from: alantani on November 11, 2014, 04:57:37 AM
welcome!!!!!!

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 11, 2014, 05:03:35 AM
Yes,
A Big Welcome to you Nojiri! ;D
Enjoy your stay Buddy! ;)

Thank you very much, alantani and Shark Hunter!  I feel very welcomed  :).  I really appreciate all the help you guys give.  I just got back in country with my Ultimate Drag kit, so am about to do the upgrade.  I just heard that blue marlin are starting to show up here in Okinawa, so I'm hoping I can test out the drag kit on one  ;D .  Also heard that the other day, what they think was a big bluefin spooled a 50W with 1,100 meters of line on full drag.  Must not have had an Ultimate Drag kit on it  ;)

Cheers!
Nojiri

Bryan Young

Nojiri

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 30, 2015, 11:22:22 PM
Thanks Nojiri.

Bryan,
Completed the drag upgrade, and now it is soooo much smoother.  ;D
Thanks!
Nojiri

Bryan Young

Quote from: Nojiri on January 31, 2015, 03:26:24 AM
Quote from: Bryan Young on January 30, 2015, 11:22:22 PM
Thanks Nojiri.

Bryan,
Completed the drag upgrade, and now it is soooo much smoother.  ;D
Thanks!
Nojiri
I cannot take all of the credit.  The credit goes to Penn for the HT-100 carbon Fiber washers and to whom ever discovered Stainless steel.  I just took it to another level for these great reels.

Shark Hunter

I see that same lip on Big Senator Gears. Its not an issue with the loose tolerance of the Ht-100's on these.
Life is Good!